Rate The Last Film You Watched

Deadpool.

I started out hating it - whenever a character breaks the spell and talks to the camera/audience it ruins it for me. However by the end of the film I was hooked. Dark humour, great effects and a decent storyline. The self deprecating lines of Ryan Reynolds were excellent. Turned out to be possibly my favourite Marvels film so far !

Deadpool.

I started out hating it - whenever a character breaks the spell and talks to the camera/audience it ruins it for me. However by the end of the film I was hooked. Dark humour, great effects and a decent storyline. The self deprecating lines of Ryan Reynolds were excellent. Turned out to be possibly my favourite Marvels film so far !

Interesting how different perceptions can be.

I found the humor somewhat over endavoured, they tried too hard but didn't really work for me.

the effects were the usual, and the story - well - at least they made an effort.

Not as bad as the iron man annoyances, but not much better.

Film begins in the present, winds then back to how it comes to the present, and then endfught with the villain.
Certainly happy end.

One of the worst Marvel Films for me, 5/10.

Last edited:
Watched "Gods of Egypt" (2016)
I didn't really know what to expect..but I really, really loved it :)
It was fun, had a good story and some of the best special effects I've seen in quite some time.
Had such a good time I'm giving it an 8.5/10 :)

0543cfa115dbb1042b5ee8329bf74353_XL.jpg

Trailer:

Again totally differently perceived by me.

Bogous story, Brits as Egytians, Gerard Butler acts somewhat indifferent, foreseeable plot and truly a CGI overkill.

Probably made the film completely in a bluescreen studio.

This one I could not even finish yet.

3/10

Again totally differently perceived by me.

Bogous story, Brits as Egytians, Gerard Butler acts somewhat indifferent, foreseeable plot and truly a CGI overkill.

Probably made the film completely in a bluescreen studio.

This one I could not even finish yet.

3/10

lol yeah, a completely different take on it :)
I do think that sometimes mindset, etc have a huge impact on how you perceive a film.
Maybe I was a little, little bit drunk...but I do remember liking it :D

Wayne's World. Sheer stupidity and as a result, highly hilarious. Much down the same road as 'Jay and Silent Bob strike back' and 'Dumb and Dumber'. Brilliant, but then again I just love these crap films which make me laugh

I like films with a gripping and fascinating story, and characters that you believe and get empathetic with. Good visual or graphical effects are not a bad thing necessarily.

Like the Bucket List with J.Nicholson and M.Freeman. Astonishingly slow camera and few cuts, felt like a relieve compared to these cgi action movies one gets fed today as blockbusters. It had also some rather mediocre CGI (mostly backgrounds), but that was just a matter of cost and didn't effect the overall quality.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

28 Days Later - Not bad, a bit slow to start, but got the wife jumping out of her seat :D
Was that the Secret Cinema screening?

My last film....
Sicario.jpg

Good performances all round and excellent action scenes - especially the traffic jam "car chase". Didn't really break any new ground regarding the plot but it was all very well executed and a cut above the standard fare I thought.

Last edited:
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016)
In the 18th-19th century a zombie plague is released on Great Britain.
London is protected by a huge wall and moat while some upscale and fortified country estates are still inhabited.
Daughters in well-off families are sent to China or Japan to master the ancient fighting arts.

That's roughly the setting for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
Based more on the book by the same book from 2009 it is still loosely true to the original novel by Austen.

I found the acting to be excellent and the plot, well, lightheartedly entertaining.
Don't take it too seriously and you might just enjoy it :)
PPZ-900x675.jpg

Trailer:

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016)
In the 18th-19th century a zombie plague is released on Great Britain.
London is protected by a huge wall and moat while some upscale and fortified country estates are still inhabited.
Daughters in well-off families are sent to China or Japan to master the ancient fighting arts.

That's roughly the setting for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
Based more on the book by the same book from 2009 it is still loosely true to the original novel by Austen.

I found the acting to be excellent and the plot, well, lightheartedly entertaining.
Don't take it too seriously and you might just enjoy it :)
PPZ-900x675.jpg

Trailer:

Gave it 30 mins and fell asleep or turned over? Yep, deffo dont take seriously.

I love it! " it is still loosely true to the original novel by Austen." with zombies!

Do zombies eat human flesh or suck blood like vampires? More importantly, how does one set about killing the undead? Shooting them and chopping them up with swords, as per the trailer, seems a tad inadequate compared to silver bullets, wooden stakes and vats of molten steel.

I've now seen all five...

This one, Tremors 5 (2015), was not quite as entertaining as the others but still a 6/10 for what it is.
tremors5-wall.alphacoderscom-765x415.jpg

Trailer:

Back
Top Bottom