Rapira Blades

Currently using a Rapira stainless which was PIF'd to me with a razor from that fine gentleman BigDuncan (Cheers bud!).

Really impressed with these blades, I get a very easy and comfortable shave with virtually no irritation afterwards.

I'd like to get some more, but I can only find them from Lees and Westcoast in the states, and a chap on the redneck-stock-exchange (eBay) in Turkey.

Is there anywhere local that sells these blades? I'd rather support a UK based retailer in the current climate.

I've never bought blades from abroad before, how irritated do Customs get over importing 100 sharp implements? Which supplier is likely to get the most attention from customs; Turkey or USA?

Cheers

Jules

Have bought Super Iridiums from Gifts and Care and blades from NT guy in the states also Dr Idiot, not forgetting Gillette ninjas from India. All arrived safely, some taking longer than the others.
Never used them but Bestshave in Turkey get well spoken of and they are so cheap!

Nick

I bought 400 rapira from bestshave in turkey. Took a long time to arrive (4-5 weeks) but no issues with customs. Don't know of anywhere more local to buy them. I could sell you a pack of 100 of mine if that helps?

Get mine from a ebay guy from turkey as well, no too sure if it is the same guy though. They are my favourite blades at the moment, love the package as well!

There are more than one kind. I use the 'Swedish Steel ones' wrapper is red/white/blue. They are Russian made.
I haven't tried the other type but "...I've read that quality may be different".
The ones I have , have been good blades.

Razorbladesandmore.com back in Jan of this year.the Swedish steel ones. 8.00$US a 100 with free shipping if you bought 200. Haven't checked if they still have them.

NotTheStig said:
Helveticum said:
NotTheStig said:
They are very good but the Sputniks are better! Lot more pricey though and harder to find

Sputniks are dirt cheap, but you're right - hard to find from here.
Where do you get them (cheap)?

Well, in Russia they cost like 20p a pack, but sending anything else than a letter will be a killer, so limited supply.

NotTheStig said:
I bought 400 rapira from bestshave in turkey. Took a long time to arrive (4-5 weeks) but no issues with customs. Don't know of anywhere more local to buy them. I could sell you a pack of 100 of mine if that helps?

Thats a damn fine offer sir! Thank you I have sent you a PM.

This thread got me itching to try some Rapira and Sputniks, so bought a pack of each and must say the Rapira give a lovely smooth shave! possibly the smoothest blade I have tried(and I have tried a lot in the last year lol). So far only used it in a Red tip and Progress but felt really smooth in both with 3 good shaves so far. May have to source some of these from Bestshave at only £4.11 a hundred. Looking forward to trying the Sputnik.

Hmm, I've had a delivery of 100 Rapiras in the last few weeks - from Bestshave at the silly price.
Tried one in my Superspeed - not impressed...felt blunt and tuggy. Tried another in my Weber, same result.
However, tried one over the weekend in my Gillette Goodwill, and it worked brilliantly - smooth and sharp. Weird - it looks as though these need an aggressive razor to give their best for me. Will try another in the 37C and report back.

Back
Top Bottom