Post dental pain management

One thing I have discovered during this fiasco, is, shaving with a numb cheek and lip is a whole different ball game. I cant feel the blade on that side so ectreme care is needed. A plus is that i cant feel razor burn.

Jim

Hey guys just thought i would updare you.
The pain and numbness was neyond a joke, so I called into a dentist About 5 mins walk from me. He squeezed me in and after explaining what had happened, he took xrays and told me hecould remove it and remove it he did, no pain or fuss.
He did tell me that the nerve could have been nicked causing the numbness. It could take a good few months to recover but rarely it could be permanent.
When I got back home the hospital referral letter arrived 15th Jan. The dentist told me to keep the appointment if the lip is still numb.

I can stop taking the cocktail of pain killers soon.

Jim

Hello guys
Just came back from my dental hospital appointment. After looking at the xrays, she concluded that it could take upto 18 months to get any feeling back, however, there is a chance of permanent numbness.

All I know is that it is weird shaving part of your own face when you can't feel anything.

Jim

Trigeminal nerve damage? ....... Got into a conversation about that with my dentist once, 'cos I asked why he loaded the back of my jaw with anaesthetic to work on the front.

Still feckin' hurt :(

Back
Top Bottom