Post dental pain management

Thanks guys very gratefull for all of the replies. I will grab a bottle of oil of cloves and give it a try. As for the hospital, I am dubious about local anasthetcs now, but i dont mind being knocked out. Might be easier for them to work on me. lol.
Cheers guys
Jim

30/500(co-cod) 2 four times/day max and then after 3 hrs of this dose you can take a dose of Ibuprofen. Can be used together (skewed dosing as above) and should give you better cover for the pain, both must not be taken on an empty stomach.

Just to add I'm not a Pharmacist but have double checked all that info for you with one.

just got back from doctors seeing my Dentist cant see me till next week. I am on 2 x 30mg codeine phosphate up to 4 times a day. waited an hour after first dose and nothing happened, so topped off with paracetemol. I have a feeling that I am one of those that codeine dosent work on.

The dentist also informs me that it will be a good few weeks before they will see me.

Perfect!

Jim

Jim did the Dentist not prescribe anything following the first treatment? I can't beleive they are gking to take a few weeks, regardless of Christmas its something they should remedy sooner. Infection is now the enemy, keep the area as clean as possible. Also make sure you don't take the painkillers on an empty stomach.

I have a feeling its already infected nishy, part of my tongue is sore now too. Doc gave me some antibiotics so hopefully it will be better in a few days. I may phone the hospital at the end of the week ans see if they have any cancellations.
Thanks again guys.

Jim

I was until very recently Rob, I'm lucky in that it's a family business (dad is also a Pharmacist) so can come and go as I wish. Just not something I want to do for the rest of my life, without going into too much detail, I should have bought a nursing home several months back but it fell through, still looking if anyone is aware of any!

I have a feeling its already infected nishy, part of my tongue is sore now too. Doc gave me some antibiotics so hopefully it will be better in a few days. I may phone the hospital at the end of the week ans see if they have any cancellations.
Thanks again guys.

Jim
I have worked with Doctors & Nurses for years with Drug services...The best pain killer combo over the counter is that Ibuprofen & Paracetamol you are taking...They work in combination....Co codomol over the counter is just Paracetamol with a trace of Codiene....Its a Con to be honest...There is not enough Codiene it to effect a Mouse...Other than that you need prescription to get anything stronger or with a higher lever of Codiene which is an Opiate...o_O

Billy

I have worked with Doctors & Nurses for years with Drug services...The best pain killer combo over the counter is that Ibuprofen & Paracetamol you are taking...They work in combination....Co codomol over the counter is just Paracetamol with a trace of Codiene....Its a Con to be honest...There is not enough Codiene it to effect a Mouse...Other than that you need prescription to get anything stronger or with a higher lever of Codiene which is an Opiate...o_O

Billy
This may be a bit vague Fergiebilly, not to knock your opinion but I strongly believe that in Jim's case you may be right (minus the opiates, guessing that was sarcasm, I cannot read sarcasm most the time) but always check with your Doc. Also pain can be cured in a mulitude of manners, depending on location and type of pain. Ibuprofen and paracetamol are not always the best combo.

Just as a side note, anyone keeping up with the Australian law suit regarding Nurofen and their marketed products? Another example of fooling the consumer.

This may be a bit vague Fergiebilly, not to knock your opinion but I strongly believe that in Jim's case you may be right (minus the opiates, guessing that was sarcasm, I cannot read sarcasm most the time) but always check with your Doc. Also pain can be cured in a mulitude of manners, depending on location and type of pain. Ibuprofen and paracetamol are not always the best combo.
No Sarcasm Sir...That's what Codiene is ...Its an Opiate...I was referring to his type of pain...I worked with Heroin users for years & they had a lot of trouble with their teeth and that was the advice they always got...That aside ...They used to fail the Drug test for Opiates when swallowing Codiene and I kid you not...o_O

Billy

No Sarcasm Sir...That's what Codiene is ...Its an Opiate...I was referring to his type of pain...I worked with Heroin users for years & they had a lot of trouble with their teeth and that was the advice they always got...That aside ...They used to fail the Drug test for Opiates when swallowing Codiene and I kid you not...o_O

Billy
Yep yep, a very weak opiate as you mention being sold OTC. I was under the impression you were suggesting a word with the Doc's for a stronger (mainly CD) type opiate. Lost in translation. This would probably send Jim to a very happy place, for some time :) Jeez he may even have some of his finest shaves if you catch my drift!

Yep yep, a very weak opiate as you mention being sold OTC. I was under the impression you were suggesting a word with the Doc's for a stronger (mainly CD) type opiate. Lost in translation. This would probably send Jim to a very happy place, for some time :) Jeez he may even have some of his finest shaves if you catch my drift!
Yeah..Give me some an all...:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom