POLSILVER SUPER IRIDIUM

olebluenose said:
That's interesting. I did have a little redness after the shave, but it disappeared after a few minutes following a splash of A/S and some moisturiser. I'll try switching the same Polsilver blade into my Merkur Progress for tomorrow's shave to compare against the EJ 81
stellablade said:
That I shall have to try. I recently got hold of a Slim Twist. I suspect that the SI/Polsilver blades (like you I assume they're the same blades) don't agree with me. I tried them in the DE89 and Parker 26C and they gave me a sore face.

Shemen Zait said:
I didn't like this blade when used in the EJ but it is the dog's egg muffins in a Gillette slim twist. I use the Super Iridium at the moment which I think is the old name for the Polsilver (i might be wrong) and so far 7 shaves and going well so these are good survivers as well.

Removed the Polsilver I used yesterday from from the EJ81 and put it in my Merkur Progress this morning. Set adjustment to circa 2+ (same setting as when using Astra SP blades) and had another close shave using the same pre and post shave setup as yesterday . Again, very close shave with a hint of redness after rinsing off, which soon subsided following the use of A/S and moisturiser.

olebluenose said:
olebluenose said:
That's interesting. I did have a little redness after the shave, but it disappeared after a few minutes following a splash of A/S and some moisturiser. I'll try switching the same Polsilver blade into my Merkur Progress for tomorrow's shave to compare against the EJ 81
stellablade said:
That I shall have to try. I recently got hold of a Slim Twist. I suspect that the SI/Polsilver blades (like you I assume they're the same blades) don't agree with me. I tried them in the DE89 and Parker 26C and they gave me a sore face.

Shemen Zait said:
I didn't like this blade when used in the EJ but it is the dog's egg muffins in a Gillette slim twist. I use the Super Iridium at the moment which I think is the old name for the Polsilver (i might be wrong) and so far 7 shaves and going well so these are good survivers as well.

Removed the Polsilver I used yesterday from from the EJ81 and put it in my Merkur Progress this morning. Set adjustment to circa 2+ (same setting as when using Astra SP blades) and had another close shave using the same pre and post shave setup as yesterday . Again, very close shave with a hint of redness after rinsing off, which soon subsided following the use of A/S and moisturiser.

Using Polsilver blade for third time this morning with same Merkur setup, had a great BBS shave, no redness. I am impressed.

olebluenose said:
olebluenose said:
olebluenose said:
stellablade said:

Shemen Zait said:

Using Polsilver blade for third time this morning with same Merkur setup, had a great BBS shave, no redness. I am impressed.

Fourth shave with the Polsilver this morning, and the shaves just keep getting better!

olebluenose said:
olebluenose said:
olebluenose said:
olebluenose said:
stellablade said:

Fourth shave with the Polsilver this morning, and the shaves just keep getting better!

Fifth shave on the Polsilver, and another DFS this morning.

In the interest of variety, I think I will try something new tomorrow ...

Thanks for the heads up on the Polsilver si, used tonight for the first time. Put one in my Progress and had a really smooth close shave with MWF soap. Think these are the best blades I've used I'll try one in my slim adjustable tomorrow.

Occams Razor said:
Thanks for the heads up on the Polsilver si, used tonight for the first time. Put one in my Progress and had a really smooth close shave with MWF soap. Think these are the best blades I've used I'll try one in my slim adjustable tomorrow.

Glad they work for you ;-)

I've had 12 shaves out of 1 blade, 9 from another. Usually 6 or 7 w/o irritation. A great blade, i've stopped searching for THE blade because i've found it

Back
Top Bottom