POLSILVER SUPER IRIDIUM

Had a short break from the Polsilver SI and reverted to Astra SP. Using a Polsilver SI again this morning, the shave was super smooth and irritation free when using minimum pressure on the skin. I am even more impressed. I now need to consider what I do with the several hundred other blades I have in stock!

Occams Razor said:
mikebrownington said:
They are fantastic blades, only bettered by NOS Scottish Permasharps IMO

Were they made in the 50's in East Kilbride?
I acquired some 1960's stock of the Scottish Perma-Sharp's from the (now closed) East Kilbride factory not that long ago, all sold out very quickly. I do have a couple of single blades left at home. I'll keep one for you to try Occams Razor, you can get it when next in at the shop. A very smooth, sharp blade with good longevity.

Ian T said:
Occams Razor said:
mikebrownington said:
They are fantastic blades, only bettered by NOS Scottish Permasharps IMO

Were they made in the 50's in East Kilbride?
I acquired some 1960's stock of the Scottish Perma-Sharp's from the (now closed) East Kilbride factory not that long ago, all sold out very quickly. I do have a couple of single blades left at home. I'll keep one for you to try Occams Razor, you can get it when next in at the shop. A very smooth, sharp blade with good longevity.

Ian that's really good of you, knowing how rare these blades are I don't know whether I could bring myself to use it! I still haven't used that English Wilkinson Sword you kindly gave me a while ago! I must pluck up the courage and use it... Lol

I've found 100x Polsilvers for $25 to $35 on eBay and Amazon respectively. Can they be had for cheaper?

EDIT: Found for 12 GBP ($18) (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-10-25-50-100-Polsilver-Super-Iridium-DE-Double-Edge-razor-blades-UK-stock-/271564707493)

I like the Polsilver SI I have, I wasn't keen when I first got them, they did not work well in my Slim Adjustable, one of the few blades that didn't, Feathers being the other one.

They get used in my slim twist and my ball end tech, it's a fairly recent one with a safety bar and is a beautiful mild shave very similar to the slim twist. No problems with razor burn, very rarely need a third pass.

I find them on par with, and occasionally better than the Gillette Silver Blue blade in the same razors, and well ahead of the Astra SP which I still think is a damned good blade for the money :)

They are my blade of choice. Not the best in every single razor, although they usually are for me (YMMV) but they are always the first I try and they are what I measure every other blade against.

One of my favourite blades. I did have several different brands of blades, but cut it to five. Polsilvers being one of the five. For me, they work exceeding well in my Merkur Futur or Braveheart head.

How similar is the current product to the originals made in Lodz in brown and gold packets?

The reason I ask is that I bought 10 of the latter off Ebay and they shave like a dream in my DE89; smooth but close. Better than Astra SPs and knock spots off Personna Blues which I ditched after 3 blades. The only thing which isn't great is the price unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom