Please chip in your 2 penneth worth !!

Having used both the 38C and now the 34C I can recommend both. The 38 was one of my first DE razors as I wanted a longer handle. I now use the 34 and actually prefer the shorter handle of it. I've never droped any razor so both Merkurs have plenty of grip. I've also got a Mergress and previously had vintage gillette slims which also have good grip.

I would take JohnnyO up on his kind offer of a slant loan before you think of buying one as I borrowed one from IanM and found it a bit too aggressive for me. It felt like I had over shaved my whole face and neck in just 2 passes. I'm currently resisting the urge to try one again though.........

If you loved the shave of the EJ razor head, and if you can get the thing unscrewed/drilled out from the old remains, I would suggest a custom handle; wood/acrylic from one of the turning-masters on the boards, or if you want the metal one most certainly, more than one person has sent off to 'cooncatbob' in the States, and been more than satisfied with the work he does.

Back
Top Bottom