Phoenix and Beau: Spitfire

Tried this last night, and i can say its a top notch soap. Easy to lather and nice and slick, scent is spot on. My favourite soaps are Stirling and B&M latha line, and i have to say the P&B is up there with them.

Been enjoying the Spitfire of recent did a test lather on my palm flowed by a face lather. I really enjoy the spice and juniper blend. The leather and tobacco definitely ground the previous not letting them run dominate the bouquet. I don't get an ashtray scent but more leather, citrus and spice.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I ordered this soap and I should be receiving it Monday or Tuesday, I can't wait !!
My question is Which AfterShave or Cologne you would suggest to complete the shave with the Spitfire soap?
Wow, this is a tough one. To be honest I haven't found one yet. Your looking at a warm spice cut with citrus but rounded off.
I would suggest one of the following:

Burberry London (though the apple is surplus)
TOBS Mr. Sidney (clove adds to the warm spice but still not a complete companion)
Davidoff hot water
Pitralon classic

Wow, this is a tough one. To be honest I haven't found one yet. Your looking at a warm spice cut with citrus but rounded off.
I would suggest one of the following:

Burberry London (though the apple is surplus)
TOBS Mr. Sidney (clove adds to the warm spice but still not a complete companion)
Davidoff hot water
Pitralon classic

Thanks Nishy, I got Pitralon so I will be using that. Never Heard of Mr. Sidney by TOBS? How is that?

Thanks Nishy, I got Pitralon so I will be using that. Never Heard of Mr. Sidney by TOBS? How is that?
Ah sorry, I think its been discontinued. I was lucky to receive it as a gift from Ian at the gentleman's groom room. I would love to see it reproduced, quality fragrance.

I ordered this soap and I should be receiving it Monday or Tuesday, I can't wait !!
My question is Which AfterShave or Cologne you would suggest to complete the shave with the Spitfire soap?

Based entirely on the original notes re the fragrance given at the start if the thread I'm still wondering how Safari would play with this one. Anyone who has used Spitfire and has experience of Safari able to assist ?

JohnnyO. o/

Based entirely on the original notes re the fragrance given at the start if the thread I'm still wondering how Safari would play with this one. Anyone who has used Spitfire and has experience of Safari able to assist ?

JohnnyO. o/
Hi J-O I have both will report back shortly.

Not quite with the Safari. It is quite hard to match it up or compliment. It needs a bouquet of spice (no amber or sweetness) and a gritty leather.

Back
Top Bottom