Penhaligon's York - a Group Buy?

The deal at York would be £30 a bottle with an additional 10% discount, making £27 a bottle. Not bad compared to the £80 a boxed bottle at Penhaligon's main store.

Would Chester beat that?

Bechet45 said:
The deal at York would be £30 a bottle with an additional 10% discount, making £27 a bottle. Not bad compared to the £80 a boxed bottle at Penhaligon's main store.

Would Chester beat that?

If they did I would have already made the offer. Chester is a high street store with standard Penhaligons prices. If they have the frag at York I'll buy there first as even with the postage its far cheaper.

Once you know which frags you want, York people are more than happy to do the whole thing over the phone. I have a sneakers that they'll drop the price a bit more for a large enough order. I'd join in for a bottle of Quercus, which was out of stock when I was there.

Bechet45 said:
Once you know which frags you want, York people are more than happy to do the whole thing over the phone. I have a sneakers that they'll drop the price a bit more for a large enough order. I'd join in for a bottle of Quercus, which was out of stock when I was there.

I have no idea what this is like but if it's good enough for an old smoothie like Bechet, I'm willing to give it a try - so count me in. Unless of course Bechet can recommend an alternative in the range that is citrusy/tobacco?

UKRob said:
Bechet45 said:

I have no idea what this is like but if it's good enough for an old smoothie like Bechet, I'm willing to give it a try - so count me in. Unless of course Bechet can recommend an alternative in the range that is citrusy/tobacco?

I could but I won't until you confirm you cannot get to a store. Frags that looked perfect on paper were not to my taste and frags that had no chance on paper were among my purchases. Vinny is totally correct when he says not to buy blind.

Anyway, this is all academic until we get a volunteer to run a Group Buy - and a few more buyers.

I've purchased from the York store, excellent discount I even purchased a bottle of Eau de parfum Ellenisia for my Mrs to go with my Castile EDT a few months back, I think it was about 6 or 7 pounds delivery, but with more than 50 per cent off the fragrances it still worked out really cheap.

Jamie

I would be in for a bottle or 2, I am going down to Penhaligons London next week so will try their range. I have only had the Juniper Sling and love it.

I've just called them and bought a sample set with ten fragrances in. Around £19 its not cheap but at least give me an idea of what I like from their range. The lady was very helpful.

It'll be here tomorrow so not long to wait.

Back
Top Bottom