Penhaligon's York - a Group Buy?

Thanks to everyone who offered their opinion in another thread - I've now visited Penhaligon's York Outlet Store and made my choices.

As we know, £40 a bottle instead of £80 - and so two bottles for £80. And if I bought three bottles? Then it becomes £30 a bottle! I chose Blenheim Bouquet, English Fern and - my favourite - LP No.9. I chucked in some Blenheim body lotion so they chucked in a 10% discount, handfuls of samples, a tray of five male and five female fragrance samples and a cake of Quercus soap. It was a very pleasant shopping experience.

They added an open invitation to call them and buy as much or as little as I liked, they would take time to talk me through their ranges - a one size postal cost of £7.50. This has got me thinking!

A Group Buy of several bottles would hugely increase negotiating power and maximise available discounts. They dropped £10 a bottle going from two to three, for goodness' sake! £7.50 would get all bottles to one member, who would have to distribute them - £2.70 postage per bottle at a guess.

I'd run a Group Buy but I'm all Penhaligon-ed up! Any smellies enthusiasts want to do it? The number to call is 01904 679 151.

I was going to get a sample set from ebay but it went really high for just 4 5ml samples.

Then I realised why - http://www.penhaligons.com/shop/welcome-to-penhaligons/gentlemen-s-fragrance-collection-497059.html

£30 for 4 samples? Oof!

I keep on meaning to go into the store in Chester but the heady mix of scents is a bit much for me and I'm normally a bit underdressed and a couple of decades too young compared to everyone I've seen in there

Brianpilman said:
I keep on meaning to go into the store in Chester but the heady mix of scents is a bit much for me and I'm normally a bit underdressed and a couple of decades too young compared to everyone I've seen in there

I've been in that store. They're a little aloof until it becomes clear that you know what you're talking about, and then they rush around like drones around a queen bee suggesting all sorts of smells and soaps.

I can almost guarantee that you come out with more than you went in for!

Ian

Went in there with a colleague while running a trip to Chester with school. She needed another bottle of something.

"Would you like to try our new Juniper Sling, sir?"

"No thanks, I'm wearing it already."

Brianpilman said:

Oh dear - I go in there quite regularly :blush: just off to checkout ineedadisguise.com

Back
Top Bottom