Closed Pass Around Simpsons Synthetic Badger

Hi LtB,

Many thanks for organizing this and yes I would still like to be included.
Apologies for the slow reply it has been a very busy week.

Thanks

Adam

Hi.

The list of 20 brush testers has now been finalised. The list and tracking of the brush is in the first post in this thread.

Just to wet your appetite. I will be reviewing later, can't wait.

Gairdner said:
Wonderful picture, LTB! Is the cream one of the new scented varieties as recently tweeted?

I believe it is the standard unscented cream. I have never used it before so will test it as part of my review.

I will be face lathering for all my tests as that is what I do daily anyway, I will use MWF one day, a TOBS cream another day, then the Simpsons Cream to see how the brush works with each.

The brush looks fantastic. Looking forward to giving this a go.

I've used the cream before and wasn't too keen. It's very thirsty and found it hard to get the balance right between having enough cushion and being slick. It would be interesting to hear what your thoughts are.

My findings may be different next time though. I do rate the sister cream (Vulfix branded) very highly. I'll always have these in my rotation.

Most excellent!

I like that cream, although I think Dipesh has it summed up nicely!

A technical enquiry: - what do we think is necessary for sterilising the brush? Taking responsibility for yourself makes sense to me but - as the brush is going to be changing hands a lot, what is the best way to clean it. Twenty odd dunkings in Milton might affect it quite a bit. So what - a wash-out test lathering?

must say im chuffed to bits to have made the list and will be looking forward to giving the brush and cream a bash as stated above i have seen mixed reviews about the cream but have been curious to try it at some point but i noticed that 2 different sized pucks of unscented soap have been added to the simpsons site so may have to grab one as the price seems very fair...

Brush cleaning.

Good question. Sterilizing it isn't really possible, you can only do that with an autoclave, and I'm not sure the brush would like that.

The question would be what are we trying to ensure we clean from the brush.
Being synthetic it won't absorb moisture like a badger brush so should be less chance of anything being absorbed. Blood borne diseases don't live outside of the human body for long, and I would hope we are all experienced enough not to be leaving too much blood in our wake.

I would think it would be sufficient to wash the brush well after use in soap or shampoo, then rinse and dry it.

The next person can always re wash or do a test lather.

Dipesh said:
I've used the cream before and wasn't too keen. It's very thirsty and found it hard to get the balance right between having enough cushion and being slick. It would be interesting to hear what your thoughts are.

I found the same thing, plus the inherent aroma of the cream wasn't overly pleasant to me being unscented.

Ill be giving the brush a dunk in a baby shampoo solution when I get it and it will also get another dunk so its clean for the next person.

Lose the beard said:
Blood borne diseases don't live outside of the human body for long....

Folk may like to check that assertion against the hepatitis and HIV viruses - and the amount of blood required for them to be passed on. Teeny tiny.

You are, however, safe from both diseases provided you don't have cuts and abrasions yourself - or jam an infected needle into yourself.

Back
Top Bottom