Closed Pass Around: Executive Shaving's Braveheart DE

A while ago I won a Braveheart in a comp, generously donated by Brian @ Executive Shaving. I said at the time I would try it out and then offer it up for a pass around.

Well I'm having a couple of months beard growth just to see how white it is so this seems like a perfect time to see if there is any interest.

So open to those with 30+ posts and over 3 months membership, send on via Royal Mail Signed For in a clean shave ready condition.

A razor worth trying out, with a well balanced handle and a head that, with care, gives a smooth close shave.

I'll chuck a pack of Rapira Super Stainless in as well as a Gillette Old clone head for variety.

Post below if interested.

Whosthedaddy
benthespaniel

Count of Undolpho said:
A while ago I won a Braveheart in a comp, generously donated by Brian @ Executive Shaving. I said at the time I would try it out and then offer it up for a pass around.

Well I'm having a couple of months beard growth just to see how white it is so this seems like a perfect time to see if there is any interest.

So open to those with 30+ posts and over 3 months membership, send on via Royal Mail Signed For in a clean shave ready condition.

A razor worth trying out, with a well balanced handle and a head that, with care, gives a smooth close shave.

I'll chuck a pack of Rapira Super Stainless in as well as a Gillette Old clone head for variety.

Post below if interested.

Yes please.

I'd be more than happy to add a non biased review and photo whore it all over FB.

Good offer :) I'm out though because I just bought one with a Weber bulldog handle and my first shave is this morning. It looks like an EJ89 head until you see the blade gap!!

Arrived today, thanks for the other heads to try.

First impressions, not a bad weight, head looks smooth and potentially comfortable like the Merkur Digress I used a few weeks back. Blade exposure doesn't look too scary but stated as being 6.5 / 10 for being aggressive? That should be an interesting experience as I straight shave so not sure I fully understand their reference to aggressiveness.

Handle a little shorter than the Ikon bamboo handle and knurling feels rougher and slightly less refined. Whether this means a better grip when wet and slippery, time will tell?

You must have read my mind with the Rapira blades...I've still got a few shaves left in the Gillette Nancet blade so they will wait till the end of the week.

Thanks for the chance to use this and I'll post the SOTD tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20150303_130316_1.jpg
    IMG_20150303_130316_1.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 25
No problem!
I find the Braveheart head perfectly reasonable, comfortable and close - unless my technique slips and then - slice!
I found I really liked the pairing of the "Old" head and the handle especially if I'd missed a couple of days.

First outing this morning, a nice and comfortable shave followed. A few little little critisms but certainly nothing to detract from its job and the efficacy in the shave.

Would I rate it as aggressive as ES do? Hell no, very smooth and comfortable and no way would the term 'agresssive' spring to mind in any shape or guise.

Bigger handle tomorrow (MR8 style) to see if this changes things up a little.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 15
benthespaniel said:
I wouldn't mind being added to the list please if possible.

Thanks in anticipation

No problem benthespaniel I'm sure Whosthedaddy will let you know when he's ready.
I'm still enjoying the beard so take your time chaps.

Back
Top Bottom