Closed Pass-a-round Alumnigoose

First shave in..

Wow this is aggressive with the Pro blade! My face is still on fire 2 hours later. I'm promised that the blades settles down with use, we'll see... I'll try the Kamisori blade tomorrow. Lovely looking razor, blade is held securely and give a nice sound in use. It doesn't feel as cumbersome in use as I remember I found with the SS 'goose.
I'll maybe try a heavier handle tomorrow too ;)
Thanks @Holyzeus for the opportunity..

Gave the 'goose a run out tonight, I've never used any form of 'goose before so a whole new experience.

Tabac lather applied for ultimate protection and I set about. It started off a bit 'scrapey' but that improved with a bit of work on the angle, it feels to me like the sloped part of the top cap almost needs to be in contact with the skin. Three passes went OK with a little patch of weepers on the chin but end result was pretty smooth with minimal irritation. Looking forward to the next one!

Shave 2 last night.

Liberal lather from an ARKO stick. Started with the guard blade, beard did disappear but was not a nice feeling. Swapped to a pro that had been sitting in my AC for a while and that felt much better, still not what I'd call enjoyable but more comfortable and got an excellent result.

I really can't decide what the hell I think of it, I think I love and hate it in relatively equal proportions...

Will have another couple of shaves and get it posted early next week [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom