Parker razors?

Hi folks,

Having given up on open comb razors for now I was looking at getting a twist to open razor and I keep seeing Parker razors everywhere.

They look vintage in a way which is what appeals. The 96R for example looks like a Gillette Black Beauty.

Thoughts?

Alex.

Very soon Parker is coming out with an adjustable TTO

Parker is coming out with an adjustable, but from the pictures it does not appear to be a TTO. The adjustable TTO is coming from Rockwell early next year. Still, the Parker Adjustable looks very good and if you are thinking that the Parker looks like a Black Beauty, you should see the adjustable.

14517406_1232504493468868_170742952128775146_n.jpg

I own a 99R (my only Parker) and I'm very pleased with it. I'm a TTO fan, and they do make good quality gear IMO. Reasonable prices too!
emoji4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have 4 Parker Razors 22R TTO,24C (open comb),98R,(3 piece),99RTTO, before i bought them i done some research into them i found mixed opinions on quality issues etc, IMHO i find parker razor's not just good in a value for money sense, the performance & quality is up there on the so called top of the range DE razors.. if you do consider buying one of the TTO range, just make sure once you've put the blade in it's tightened before it's used.."common sense".just like any other TTO razor from time to time it may loosen itself, i've never had this issue, but other people who have bought them have..for style, performance & price i consider them a good razor, that gives a excellent shave. Regards.:)

Hi folks,

Having given up on open comb razors for now I was looking at getting a twist to open razor and I keep seeing Parker razors everywhere.

They look vintage in a way which is what appeals. The 96R for example looks like a Gillette Black Beauty.

Thoughts?

Alex.

the Black beauty is such a reasonable priced razor, and a great razor to boot, they are not that difficult to find either, Ok the Parker maybe cheaper initially, but if you move it on for any reason in the future, then you are likely to get all your outlay back on the Black beauty,

I looked at the Parker myself, but waited until a reasonably priced VGC long handled Black Beauty became available, and I wasn't disappointed.

of course you may think differently.

I had the 96r and found it to be quite a heavy beast. Nice and sturdy but never got a decent shave? Then again it was my first DE so take it with a pinch of salt
I respect your opinion,..that's what this forum is for.:).. the weight of the parkers are on the heavy side, but i consider this a advantage imho as when i was learning my shaving technique, (i'm still learning) it taught me use the weight of the razor rather than adding pressure.Regards.

Most of the ( fairly numerous ) complaints about Parker finish and build quality seemed to crop up on forums a few years ago now. In more recent times the company seem to have responded and tightened up on quality control. For myself I'd have few qualms about purchasing from any of the reputable firms you see mentioned on TSR. They are priced competitively and any of the major suppliers will deal with a faulty piece of kit.

JohnnyO. o/

I have 4 Parker Razors 22R TTO,24C (open comb),98R,(3 piece),99RTTO, before i bought them i done some research into them i found mixed opinions on quality issues etc, IMHO i find parker razor's not just good in a value for money sense, the performance & quality is up there on the so called top of the range DE razors.. if you do consider buying one of the TTO range, just make sure once you've put the blade in it's tightened before it's used.."common sense".just like any other TTO razor from time to time it may loosen itself, i've never had this issue, but other people who have bought them have..for style, performance & price i consider them a good razor, that gives a excellent shave. Regards.:)

...I am looking at getting a Parker OC; have you come across a short handle Parker OC by any chance?' Similar to the one they offer with R series. I only see the 24C and 26C the handle of which are on the long side for me.

To my limited knowledge i don't think they do a OC with a shorter handle, however you could always try putting a shorter handle on 24c/26c head this would be more suited for you maybe..the 24C is a wonderful razor once you get the right shaving angle, and a fairly aggressive blade,..i may try putting a shorter handle on mine & give it a try.Regards.:)

I've got a 26C, which I thought might be almost as aggressive as a Muhle R41. In fact, for an OC razor, it's quite mild in most circumstances, but it does have a nice and heavy brass handle.

There were QC problems at the time I bought it a couple of years ago, or so. Mine was perfect, but someone else here bought one at the same time and was very unimpressed with the finish. I think they've got that sorted out, and they seem to have quite a following now.

Back
Top Bottom