Panta Rei

Picked one up on the BST over on UKWSS, no idea of size but know its one of the large Manchurian knots.
Its a dream to use, proper lather monster. Can be a bit slippy when bowl lathering i find, just a matter of taking a bit care

From Fridays SOTD
this%20one.jpg

Dear friends,
forgive my English is not enough (good).
I do not ever speak about the criticism and certainly will not do it now: my brush can 'like it or not, and is not something I can discuss: Ferrari also to many like it, certainly not at all :)).
I can only say that I build these brushes with the help of my girlfriend and people like me who share the project.
I put my heart and I always try to create a beautiful and functional object. For this I have had a particular focus on the knot. Because the functionality is the basis of the pleasure of using a brush.

I feel I must stress that I copy anyone: In Sicily we have a very old tradition on pottery dating back to the Roman times.

Soon will come another node with horse hair mix and goat, boar and goat, boar and horse and other news. With the mix percentages personally chosen by me, because every tuft is designed, developed, made by hand (not made tufts and bought on ebay) tested personally by me several times.

Thanks to those who proves to appreciate what I do but also to those shown not to appreciate, giving me the opportunity through their criticism to build a better and better object.

Alessandro.

Dear friends,
forgive my English is not enough (good).
I do not ever speak about the criticism and certainly will not do it now: my brush can 'like it or not, and is not something I can discuss: Ferrari also to many like it, certainly not at all :)).
I can only say that I build these brushes with the help of my girlfriend and people like me who share the project.
I put my heart and I always try to create a beautiful and functional object. For this I have had a particular focus on the knot. Because the functionality is the basis of the pleasure of using a brush.

I feel I must stress that I copy anyone: In Sicily we have a very old tradition on pottery dating back to the Roman times.

Soon will come another node with horse hair mix and goat, boar and goat, boar and horse and other news. With the mix percentages personally chosen by me, because every tuft is designed, developed, made by hand (not made tufts and bought on ebay) tested personally by me several times.

Thanks to those who proves to appreciate what I do but also to those shown not to appreciate, giving me the opportunity through their criticism to build a better and better object.

Alessandro.

Thanks for coming over and saying hi Alessandro and for giving us a bit of insight into the process - and things to come!

Stunning brushes Alessandro! Always loved the whimsical designs on your work - just the thing to brighten up a dull morning shave.

I wrote a thread on 'educate me about brushes'. This work by PantaRei really has me thinking 'I need one' if just for the sake of the lovely fresh approach. Reading between the lines though it appears it is more than just something which looks nice, but functions equally so.

Mmmmm........Dear Mrs SF...............

I must agree with @Darkbulb in that there is a touch of Clarice Cliff about Alessandro's work. Personally speaking, it's not for me but I heartily applaud his efforts and do see how they appeal to many people. My favourite has got to be the MOD target in Carl's post. Now that one, I could happily own.

Back
Top Bottom