Palmolive Classic Cream Review

I grabbed a tube of this from Wilkinsons earlier this week (at £1.47 it would have been rude to refuse :lol: ). I wasn't sure what to expect due to the price, but was pleasantly surprised.

The first thing that struck me when I opened the tube was the colour. I was expecting it to be white, but the fact it was bright green was for some reason a nice surprise. The smell was nothing remarkable, but neither was it bad, just very clean. The cream was very easy to lather using a boar brush, and resulted in a very slick lather very quickly. The shave was smooth and pleasant, and resulted in no nicks or irritation.

Overall a good cream, especially when the price is considered. I will be using this one again.

Re: Palmolove tube

Father Ted said:
I bought some of this and wondered about trying to melt it and put it in a bowl.

If you're talking about the Palmolive shaving soap stick, the best thing to do is grate it with a cheese grater and squash it into a bowl or ramekin. Don't try and melt it, you'll ruin it.

Yup, good stuff. The scent isn't exactly at Trumper or Castle Forbes levels, but it works fine.

I one read a story about somebody leaving a tube in his bathroom and somebody tried to use it as toothpaste.

Ian

Yellow Jim said:
Father Ted said:
I bought some of this and wondered about trying to melt it and put it in a bowl.

If you're talking about the Palmolive shaving soap stick, the best thing to do is grate it with a cheese grater and squash it into a bowl or ramekin. Don't try and melt it, you'll ruin it.
Done this, and the wife is now convinced i am off my cake as i grated it (using tje best cheese grater) into a small pot (le cruesset!???) she is not a happy bunny.

Re: Palmolive tube

im a big fan of the palmolive. I keep a tube around for when im travelling, as its easier to transport than my tub of TOBS sensitive.

The smell i find quite nice, clean and fresh, it lathers up really well into a nice thick rich lather. Its a complete steal at the money.

Lets just say, that if all i could ever shave with was the palmolive. I'd be happy enough.

You need one of these:

P1010061.jpg

Debenhams kitchen department. Personally, I can't imagine what on earth it could be used for, other than grating Palmolive shaving soap (other shaving sticks are available).

Regards

Ian

I've been using this with the grater method for a bit. It works very well.
I'm not too keen on the scent, it's a bit reminiscent of a teenage boy and his aftershave. It does sightly dry my skin, but nothing really bad, or painfull.
It creates a pretty good lather and provides a comfortable shave. For 50p a tube from ASDA I/you can't complain!

Back
Top Bottom