Ok, you win, recommend me a hard soap please …

Exactly what I was about to say. I'm sad that Trumper missed the opportunity to fix Eucris and even more sad that James isn't making OSP soap anymore as I enjoyed all I tried. Hopefully whatever he's up to now is working well for him.

@NeilJ

Drumroll ...

AL9nZEWwvnBrBj8gVFmCIlpjibBAgvcJFFZxbFwPVlfX5sziZREVpUOOEdwlkcRgJTeF2_p85MyIfyL5qOh3X7y3WeC0opPITJRbZ4DL-cHQ_o9PUZKFPvzYe5tVaVDScsSEmEE8VYs4FIWi0pVTgG6bOt0X4g=s800

AL9nZEXrlRMDSO9LGoSgmfbtrOW6CEkaatAfTRTlTH2wjxTz_MNIMj4Lee90Hvjkjfxl9vPKp8MQlZBoRXx0KI97GUtwdgRVGYF7GpuCStBAOy34oHBU-w-4M0flxyzw3eQwbzuGOx8hMqWaSRRk8GZLilz3hA=s800

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Sodium Cocoate, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Isopropyl Myristate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Coconut Fatty Acid, Evernia Furfuracea, BHT, Coumarin, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

... and confirming Glycerin as an ingredient, missing in the blurb on their website.

So, a different ingredient set to the unlatherable Eucris that I bought maybe 5 or 6 years ago, which was: Sodium Palmate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua (Water), Potassium Cocoate, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Tetrasodium ETDA, Sodium Chloride, Isopropyl Myristrate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Evernia Furfuracea, BHT, Coumerin, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

Proper Evernia Furfuracea still in it ... I can smell it and it's like cat nip to me!

Dry puck in my hand and just a tiny amount of water filling the little divet in the back of the soap. Dry brush, start to load and I heard a heart-sinking foaming noise but it passed and I kept loading and adding water as I went to build up what I thought was a pretty good loading and even proto-lather on my brush.

Super! I'd already washed my face and gave it another splash of hot water ... on with the soap.

... and it started to lather up quite nicely! Overpaintable, even?

... and then it did what I feared it would. On my face it then foamed up and dissipated.

Trying to rescue the situation, I rubbed the puck on my face like a shaving stick and re-lathered. Again, thick lather, overpaintable ... and again, it foamed up and disappeared.

Damn it! I had such high hopes seeing that the formula is not different. Damn it again, given my very positive experience of T&H with an equally poor reputation rescued by the reformulation of their soaps (that's a keeper, by the way).

Still. Not. Fit. For. Purpose.

I had my suspicions as earlier in the week, I revisited that puck of Bulldog shaving soap which is sitting in a plastic bag while a more deserving soap occupies its lovely bamboo bowl. The ingredient list for Bulldog starts the same way: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Sodium Cocoate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Limonene, Parfum (Fragrance)*, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Glucomannan, Linalool, Coconut Fatty Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (GreenTea) Leaf Extract ... and deviates after the main ingredients.

... but it'll make a nice bath soap.

Damn it!
I feel the same way regarding Fitjar Island soaps.
Well the one i have is terrible for lathering & iv never had a problem lathering anything in my life.
I have now used the fitjar soap 4 times and iv always had the same results & they was shaving in Norway & the uk.
It’s a real shame as the creams are too drawer

Back
Top Bottom