OCtober 2017

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Razor: Unknown Double Ring Clone
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless

index.php

My last two outings with this razor were too mild (inefficient). The second time I replaced the unusual top cap with one from a Single Ring, no change.
This time I used a Feather blade, slight improvement. I then loosened the handle a quarter of a turn and oh my, fantastic

Monday 30th OCtober 2017
SOTD 30th OCt.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: iKon SBS + OSS handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp (#1)
Brush: Kent BLK4
Soap: Monsavon
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Nivea 2 phase

First shave with the iKon SBS and very impressed, I only used the open comb side today I think I had it on the less aggressive setting, with the dots showing instead of the cross-hair, is that correct? I only used the one side and just needed two passes, partly due to the lack of growth after using the brass General mid morning yesterday. The shave was very smooth and effortless and despite the size of the head it was easy to get under my nose area.

I spotted a Windrose handle that looks a bit like the Tradere handle so I have ordered one of those so I can have a poor man's Tradere.

Tuesday OCtober 31st 2017.
C3 Halloween shave..jpg
Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega S10065 Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Proraso ~ Sandalwood .

Blade: Astra ~ Superior Stainless . (1)

Razor: Muhle R41 .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. /Proraso ~ Sandalwood A/S .

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post shave Balm.

Last edited:
OCtober 2017 - day 31.

tVWhv1c.jpg

Vintage Gillette NEW (LC, RFB, made in England) / Apollo handle.
Gillette 365 Stainless (3).

Yaqi model R151016-S2.
Haslinger Schafmilch.
Haslinger Sandelholz ASB.

The difference between the English RFB (Raised Flat Bottom) NEW and the standard NEW is the lower part of the bottom plate.
Left: NEW LC, RFB, made in England.
Right: NEW LC, standard, made in USA.

DsHkuNi.jpg

UfvK0Ky.jpg

The last "OCtober 2017" post - it was fun ... ;)

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 1137 Boar
Soap: Fine Platinum
Razor: Leresche 34
Blade: Shark
IMG_20171031_161146.jpg

I decided to see OCtober out with the same razor I belatedly saw it in with, the aluminium Leresche.
Nice smooth two pass shave, aided magnificently by the wonderful Fine Platinum. The Dove PSB is average, it takes a while to absorb and leaves the skin feeling ok, for economy and performance the Boots Freshwood leaves it in its wake imo.

Tuesday 31st OCtober 2017
SOTD 31st OCt.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: iKon SBS + OSS handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp (#2)
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger
Soap: Wickham 1912 Le Bleu
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Nivea 2 phase

Second shave with the iKon SBS and still very impressed, I flipped the base plate but still only used the open comb side, I could not tell any difference, maybe only the closed/straight side has different profiles. What I do know is that I really like this razor, only two passes again today, the only other DE razor I have managed just two passes with so easily with is a Timeless. The SBS gives a nice close and smooth shave, a few times I got the angle wrong but it just meant it was not cutting, but I soon got the hang of it again.

Back
Top Bottom