No Swirling Allowed (According to Simpsons)

This seems silly for me. First of all, most shavers do swirl their brush. If you face lather and use painting motions, you're not gonna build the lather up. You might, but it might take you an hour. Why not calling it painting brush?

And what's more silly is that it's coming from Simpson's, that are throwing that booklet next to $300 brushes. If I pay $300 on a brush, I would expect the brushes to be sturdy enough for normal shaving. At this price, covering your ass with that booklet, just so you'll be able to say "oh, you swirled your brush" at a point, if you have too many complaints, it's just stupid.

More silliness, the reports of their brushes shedding are pretty often.

Ok so if swirling is not good for brushes then why do we have round shaving bowls why not have long rectangle shaving bowls where the brush can be moved in a back and forth motion.

Merv

Because we're gonna swirl, nobody is gonna brush back and forth to make lather. The brushes are round, the soap mugs and bowls are round, and the soap pucks are round. (most of them anyway) That's the way it's done, historically and currently.

This. Thank you.

I think a little common sense is required, normal swirling to load a soap and build a lather is one thing but smashing the bristles into your face and swirling like you're trying to shine a penny is going to put stress on the hairs where they meet the glue joint... I think that's all they're warning against.

Having seen some real brush abusers on Youtube I really dont blame the manufacturers for including those directions.

A brush is like a tool, it does it's job & when it's knackered, it gets replaced.
The creatures that these brushes are made from are hardy little buggers for sure. I wouldn't worry about a little swirling here & there...blimey!...:p
Precisely...they're there to get used. We've been swirling with these things since they came about. Swirling's one thing; scrubbing's another...

Its as the hairs over a period of time will twist, strain and snap. As collections are on the large side these days, people may not have this problem.
I swirl one way and then the other, along with a back and forth motion.

Back
Top Bottom