Newcomers feedback

It's worse than I have ever known it, tbh. It's just one of those things – I am annoyed because I have pressies way overdue, and I am getting a tad worried. However, there's talk of a Sunday delivery to get it all sorted.

I must admit that I hate waiting for anything that I have ordered and paid for, but in this case it's just one of those things. We're all suffering in the same way, I'm afraid.

Lipsy

i think we get spoiled with how good Paul is

honestly i used to think he posted my stuff before i'd even ordered it :lol:

nice of TE to answer your concerns baz, hopefully you'll respond in the same manner

I would guess that you and more than a few people have tried to contact them. Again, it's a major postal issue – I checked the Post Office's tracking service tonight and it's broken due to the sheer volume of traffic.

I would also guess that the parcels sent Special or Recorded delivery account for a fraction of those actually sent (relatively speaking), so there's one helluva lot of parcels out there that haven't been delivered. You've had a personal response and you should by now know what's going on. Short of the guy driving around to your house delivering it personally, I really don't know what else he can do.

Lipsy

We had a card left by Royal Mail for 7 parcels today; date range for when the items were ordered is from 7 December onwards. So I'm pretty impressed we're getting them, all things considered! I am thinking that the fact they've all arrived together indicates the backlog they've had to deal with. It will all start again now the snow is back.

I've had terrible trouble with the post this month, even letters are taking an age. Stuff that was sent 1st class taking over a week to arrive and we've not had snow problems to deal with. Last night I ended up driving 20 miles to deliver a copy of a letter that hadn't arrived.

All these comments regarding the postal service are all well and good, if you read from the start of the thread that is only part of the problem .......... I asked for a 'call back' to answer a question and so I could add to my order, but neither call was returned.

Pointless taking this any further, I was obviously expecting too much, hopefully this package will be delivered eventually and the rest will just go down to experience.

And that does seem a little harsh, but I have no idea how many staff are there, if they are working (off sick, etc), or even if they are so inundated with phone calls because of the post problem/Christmas, etc.

Moreover, Amazon cannot even handle their e-mails right now, so I'll bet they can't handle their phone complaints.

And that's a big an online e-tailer as you can get.

Sounds like you are suffering because of the post, and EVERYONE - included the big guys - are not necessarily dealing with their customers as well as they might.

It's a right bugger, but it's just the way it is.

Lipsy

I think as a newby that it is far better to spend time trawling the posts & gleaning as much information as you can on this relaxing hobby. Starting of course with Mantics videos then with a Razor of you're choice, hopefully a good one the journey can begin , nice brush some soap and a few blades, maybe a cheap balm from Boots . Then as you learn the stuff that you will inevitably start to source, will slowly trickle in and add to the enjoyment. As you go you can start bookmarking the things you like & can return to as and when, the addiction slowly creeping up on you, enjoy. I have found all my queries answered in a friendly way on this site, making my start an enjoyable one. Well that is my take on it so far :hungrig

We're just keeping in with you as we wait for you to commence PIFfing all your unwanted purchases presently MoL. Course if we told you that it would kinda spoil our chances .................. Oops . :oops:

JohnnyO. ;)

Finally got my razor :!:

A replacement razor arrived from Timothy Edwards this morning after a frustrating four weeks, a couple of packs of blades with it as well :!:

The 'on loan' Parker is going to be returned and I'm going to give the Merkur its first run in a short while :shave

First thoughts are what a difference in weight :eek: the Merkur is much heavier and feels really good :cool:

Back
Top Bottom