Newcomers feedback

I've some excellent and some poor feedback :idea:

As a newcomer to the forum, I'm 'building' up my kit and trying a few things and tried different sources to see how quick / eficcient etc :idea:

First the good, in fact the excellent :!:

I ordered a few items from Paul @ <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://connaughtshaving.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://connaughtshaving.com/index.html</a><!-- m -->, I ordered these yesterday afternoon, creams/blades/aftershave etc and they were delivered by first class mail by 11am this morning :!: really cannot expect any better, well done that man, very impressive :D

Then ...

On the other hand I ordered a razor from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.timothyedwards.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timothyedwards.co.uk/</a><!-- m -->, advertised as being dispatched by first class delivery within one day of order :?:
This was on Thursday 9th (now Tues 14th) I tried to telephone my order initially, but got an answerphone, so ordered online, the £ was taken from my account on Thursday 9th, followed the online processing re dispatch, no update, had to email to find out. Today still nothing from TE, 'phoned, answerphone again, sent email requesting they contact me, still waiting :!: not good :(

I think you are being just a tad over zealous and sometimes it's just the luck of the draw. At this very busy time of year, most vendors do their utmost, let's not discredit them unnecessarily.

"Orders are sent by Royal Mail First Class. A signature may be required. We aim to dispatch all orders the same day that we receive them. Please allow 2–4 working days."

antdad said:
I think you are being just a tad over zealous. At this very busy time of year, most vendors do their utmost, let's not discredit them unnecessarily.

"Orders are sent by Royal Mail First Class. A signature may be required. We aim to dispatch all orders the same day that we receive them. Please allow 2–4 working days."

I don't think Paul @ Connaught will think I'm overzealous, he's got the credit he deserves :!:

Unfortunately I tried to 'phone TE to add to the order on the Thursday, but due to answerphone and them not 'phoning back as requested, I couldn't add to the order.
Again this morning, I got an answerphone message, no call back, only email contact, so I'm not really impressed with their (lack of) communication so far :!:

If I've broken any rules or admin feel the comments are inappropriate I'm sure the post will be removed.

I think what you're saying is very useful. The delivery time I could make excuses for given the weather, Christmas rush etc, even if they 'sat' on the order for a couple of days after it was made. I'm sure most retailers strive to get all orders out as fast as possible.

But I would be irritated if I wanted to add to my order and I couldn't even get a response after two phone calls. That's a poor show!

wspiral said:
I think what you're saying is very useful.

I'm as happy to give someone the credit for very good service as much as saying I'm unhappy with someone else.

wspiral said:
But I would be irritated if I wanted to add to my order and I couldn't even get a response after two phone calls. That's a poor show!

That's what's frustrating me more than anything, lack of communication, no doubt others have been very happy with TE and never had a problem, sadly this is not my experience, which is why I put the feedback here. If they managed to contact me as requested I would be somewhay happier.

wspiral said:
I think what you're saying is very useful. The delivery time I could make excuses for given the weather, Christmas rush etc, even if they 'sat' on the order for a couple of days after it was made. I'm sure most retailers strive to get all orders out as fast as possible.

I agree on both counts, postal delays can not always be foreseen, however communications is the key.
Basic mail etiquette, professional retailers should reply within 24h (work days) to an email or a voicemail.
In some lines of business (IT for example, I take this down to 8 working hours max).

Even an acknowledgement would suffice. (i.e. "got your mail, get back to you tomorrow with a detailed reply.")

Max

Just hope the posts re the poor communications by TE don't detract from the excellent service mentioned in the OP from Paul @ <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://connaughtshaving.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://connaughtshaving.com/index.html</a><!-- m -->

Maybe shoudn't have compared the two in one post, but it's just my way of highlighting the difference.

Wouldn't worry about it BazC ; Most of us have probably used Connaught, so Paul has got a very solid (& well earned) rep with us. I sometimes imagine him with a wee camp bed for sleeping under the counter like some type of Dickensian Old Curiosity Shop his service is so speedy.

JohnnyO. ;)

JohnnyO said:
Wouldn't worry about it BazC ; Most of us have probably used Connaught, so Paul has got a very solid (& well earned) rep with us. I sometimes imagine him with a wee camp bed for sleeping under the counter like some type of Dickensian Old Curiosity Shop his service is so speedy.

JohnnyO. ;)

Can just picture 'the shop' and the camp bed etc and his instant service :lol:

Just got an email from TE, the razor was apparently dispatched on Saturday :!:

antdad said:
I think you are being just a tad over zealous and sometimes it's just the luck of the draw. At this very busy time of year, most vendors do their utmost, let's not discredit them unnecessarily.

:evil: frustrated now, posties just been and still no razor :!:

other packets / parcels ordered elsewhere all delivered including an order placed yesterday :!:

ordered from Timothy Edwards and cash taken on the 9th, got a second email saying despatched on the 11th (account showed despatched on the 10th :!: ) item not deemed as 'lost' until 15 working days elapsed, which will take us into January :!: very frustrating :!: Same old answerphone @ TE, "leave a message and we'll get back to you" :roll: Tried that, still waiting, if anyone here actually works for TE please just give me a call you have my details :!:

So not so much over zealous, rather deflated and somewhat disappointed :?

Paul is good stuff.

When you give negative criticism on forums it can be very bad for the vendor, very bad. You don´t know what has happened, yet. Weather, sickness or something else and it´s good to wait for a rather long time before going out with things like this. A bad rap is easy had and very hard to get rid off. It´s better to give it some more time before hanging him, I think.

antdad said:
Get over it. Shit happens.

That's really helpful and constructive.

Mikael said:
Paul is good stuff.

........ You don´t know what has happened, yet. Weather, sickness or something else and it´s good to wait for a rather long time before going out with things like this.

I agree, Paul @ Connaught is excellent, I will have no hesitation in buying from him in the future :idea:

As for TE you're right, I don't know whats happened, I've tried 'phoning and emailing, requests for a reply to my 'phone calls have been ignored :roll:
have had email reply though ..... one said 'sent on Friday' another said 'sent on Saturday' :?:

The post is utterly broken at the moment. Utterly broken.

I ordered things at the start of the week that were dispatched for super-speedy delivery on Monday night. Still nothing.

Sunbury kindly sends me a soap sample yesterday, First Class. Guess what? It's arrived this morning.

Some time last week and through to the beginning of this, the Royal Mail broke down. It's as simple - and frustrating - as that.

Lipsy

Barry, I apologise if you feel you have had poor customer service from Timothy Edwards. Whilst I take on board your concerns, we dispatched your order within the timeframe we state. There are clearly well publicised delays within the postal system at present, and yes, things do disappear in the system from time to time. We are commited to excellent customer service and indeed our regular customers would agree. We hope we are able to impress you in the future.

The Royal Mail always buckle under the strain at this time of year, it's only to be expected really.

Lipsy said:
Sunbury kindly sends me a soap sample yesterday, First Class. Guess what? It's arrived this morning.

I 'think' I'm expecting the same sample as you, and considering we don't live far apart mines not arrived yet! Which just reiterates my above point.

Back
Top Bottom