Newbie Pass Around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you have arrived at TSR equipped with your first shiny new razor and brush. Perhaps you are yet to start the journey. Either way, the forum discussions on seemingly endless opportunities in shaving hardware might possibly excite and daunt you in equal measure.

Well you oughtn't worry. We're a kind-hearted bunch here and, to prove that you should stick around in this forum (one of the brighter corners of the Internet), members have put together a Pass Around box of razors, different sorts of blades, soaps and creams for forum novices to experience and enjoy. Treasures inside range from Ladas DE blades from Russia to the fabled French Martin de Candre shaving soap.

All that is asked for is that the parcel is passed on in the way you would personally wish to receive it: send it on promptly, feel free to replenish stock from your own possessions, and don't pinch all of the good bits and send on your discards!

Post your interest below.

Waiting list:
  1. Stacy555
  2. Kevy
  3. Giorgio Sterlini
  4. Shavejourneybadger
  5. Al H
  6. wayne mattison
  7. oscsha
  8. RoastSessions
  9. jh83
  10. Smoo
  11. westo
  12. ajmw89
  13. Drewbie
  14. Dai Boy
  15. Looney12345
  16. Mr Bigmem
  17. Will Manifest

I'm sorry to hear that it ended up in a bit of a state. I don't know what newbies are expecting to be in the box? It is made of donations from members so you are unlikely to find anything other than used soaps, creams, maybe some balms and a selection of blades. If any newbie is hoping to find an ATT razor and a Filharmonica straight then perhaps their expectations are a little on the high side. When I got my newbie box a few years back it had just as described above, a few soaps, samples and blades. It's the nature of the thing I'm afraid.

I'm sorry to hear that it ended up in a bit of a state. I don't know what newbies are expecting to be in the box? It is made of donations from members so you are unlikely to find anything other than used soaps, creams, maybe some balms and a selection of blades. If any newbie is hoping to find an ATT razor and a Filharmonica straight then perhaps their expectations are a little on the high side. When I got my newbie box a few years back it had just as described above, a few soaps, samples and blades. It's the nature of the thing I'm afraid.
its since had an injection of a couple of razors and i've thrown some soap commander samples in so its getting full again.

Hi Wayne, it was more a case of the condition of some of the soaps... mouldy etc. I didn't want to post that on here at the time, but as you raised it, there you go :)

Anyway, it looks like this is picking up again now, we've got some fresh samples in there, the razors are still fully functioning and there's blades and some brushes, plus pre and post to keep people amused. Definitely still a good box for newbies now that the old stock has been sorted out and things are fresh again.

Long may this pass around continue!

I pulled out a sample of *possibly* cream, it was a bit far gone to tell and put a few samples in. I'd be interested to know by PM if anyone tried the soap beginning with F... Glad the pass around is still going, its really useful to a beginner

Sent and winging its way to you sir. Enjoy
Received the box this morning. Some interesting bits in there. Some I've tried but a lot I haven't.
Sadly I had a nice close shave yesterday so will try wait till tomorrow. Maybe this evening if I'm lucky.

How do you make a beard grow faster. Is it just me or does your growth feel thicker after an evening drinking alcohol?
Maybe that's an idea.

Thank you all who added to the box. I'll try not hold on to it for too long.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Received the box this morning. Some interesting bits in there. Some I've tried but a lot I haven't.
Sadly I had a nice close shave yesterday so will try wait till tomorrow. Maybe this evening if I'm lucky.

How do you make a beard grow faster. Is it just me or does your growth feel thicker after an evening drinking alcohol?
Maybe that's an idea.

Thank you all who added to the box. I'll try not hold on to it for too long.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I know how you feel buddy lol. I took to shaving twice a day at one point and even considered shaving my legs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom