New Rocnel model revealed - the MD SE-P-2016-TR Open Comb

Similar to above I bought the original safety bar version and used it a few times and sold it on. It seemed unwieldy and a bit industrial. Picked up an open comb on the BST as it was a novelty then. Looks and weighs similar. Although for some reason I like it more. Snapped a blade in half, took off the ends and away I went not expecting too much.
Wow what a pleasant surprise. Very smooth close shave. The teeth look aggressive but it's not at all. It even felt fine holding it for three passes. It's become my go to razor now. Only thing is because of the weight if you slip you can end up doing a bit of damage.
Still I love it and for £26 it's a great bargain. Been using Dorcos in it so will see what it's like with an Astra or a GSB

Very similar experience - I, for whatever reason, prefer the OC version as well :)

I should think that, with their Barbaros collaboration, the slide DE and the other things they are no doubt working on, it's gone to the back of the queue; at least, pro tem.

Yeah I haven't seen the OC model offered again after that inital small batch that was released and sold out in a day.

Best way to get info from Rocnel seems to be to send Murat a DM on Instagram as he seems to answer those w/in 24 hours

Back
Top Bottom