New Rocnel model revealed - the MD SE-P-2016-TR Open Comb

Announced today - a new model/version on their first 'budget' razor (the Rocnel SE):
The MD SE-P-2016-TR Open Comb Razor

Price: $38 / £26.50
Availabily: Aug-Sep, 2016 through Extrashaving.com
Other specs similar to the original Rocnel SE (meaning takes half a DE blade)

2saggeu.jpg

107m3gi.jpg

160zaqv.jpg

n1t0r7.jpg

Video:

Last edited:
From the photographs, it looks as if it's the SB version with teeth machined into the bar. From my experience with the SB, I should have said that this will require even more respect and concentration in use, to avoid nasty accidents.

Ferrum

@Darkbulb , is there any difference between this model and the first Rocnel SE that also takes a half DE blade, other than it is an open comb?

I just heard back and no, they are machined just like the original SE but following a pattern for the OC comb. There's some additional efforts in making sure the resulting teeth are 'clean'/smooth but the dimensions of the head are the same.

It's an interesting look and it might help with the bit of 'lather build up' sometimes reported with the previous SE version.

Reactions: Len
From the photographs, it looks as if it's the SB version with teeth machined into the bar. From my experience with the SB, I should have said that this will require even more respect and concentration in use, to avoid nasty accidents.

Why would the teeth in the bar increase the risk for accidents as the blade is still slotted in the same way as before (in the slot above the bar)? Wouldn't the teeth in this design just aid with lather pass-through and minimized bar-clogging?

Why would the teeth in the bar increase the risk for accidents as the blade is still slotted in the same way as before (in the slot above the bar)? Wouldn't the teeth in this design just aid with lather pass-through and minimized bar-clogging?
You're right. It's probably me over-reacting to its mean-machine look.

Howsomever, I want one.

I didn't hear anything back after placing my order but when checking with them i got a tracking number sent to me. It's about to leave Istanbul so I guess another week or so for me

Back
Top Bottom