New Maseto brush

I had my eyes on the Maseto for a while, but can't decide between the silvertip and the finest.
My only previous experience is with a Muhle silvertip fibre, 21 mm. I've only started wet shaving two weeks ago.
I would like a softer brush. The Muhle is a little prickly.
Also, the Muhle has a good backbone that makes soap loading easy, but it does not splay that good. I only face lather as I did not find a proper bowl yet.
Any help choosing between the two will be appreciated.
Cheers!

I had my eyes on the Maseto for a while, but can't decide between the silvertip and the finest.
My only previous experience is with a Muhle silvertip fibre, 21 mm. I've only started wet shaving two weeks ago.
I would like a softer brush. The Muhle is a little prickly.
Also, the Muhle has a good backbone that makes soap loading easy, but it does not splay that good. I only face lather as I did not find a proper bowl yet.
Any help choosing between the two will be appreciated.
Cheers!
Prior to mine I used a plissoft synthetic brush which is about as soft as it gets so I was faced with a similar quandary. I went for the 2-band finest and there's no scratch or scritch whatsoever and it's even softer now it's broken in a bit. It's a beast for face lathering and unless you're dead set on a silvertip brush this one more than does the job and comfortably :) hope this helps!

not 100% but I would say turned they look and feel just the same as the simpsons handles

2qw1udl.gif

Not what I wanted to hear! I thought my badger dabbling days were over :rolleyes: Hmmmm

So what is the deal then? Why is the silvertip more expensive than the finest?

LE: what are the odds that the silvertips are just the same hairs, but dyed at the top?
Also: isn't the 30 mm too big?

Last edited:

LE: what are the odds that the silvertips are just the same hairs, but dyed at the top?
The Finest and Silvertip are two different hairs and feel different they are easy to tell apart, as for size that is personnel preference.

I won't comment on your first two points but can answer your last question.

Yes I found the 30mm knot too big. I've spoken with a couple of other members and they feel the same. I sold the 30mm Finest a while ago.
I bought a 24mm Finest yesterday.

Last edited:
I am happy with the 30mm and it is my preferred size of brush. I do have 24mm brushes and they are fine I'm happy to use them but I get them as I like the handle shape. If they came in 30mm in the same handle shape I'd go for 30mm every time but Hey! that's just me.

Thanks for the replies!
I am concerned too that the gap might be too big from the 21 mm brush that I use now to the 30 mm. I think I will also order the 24 mm Maseto. I would have liked the fan type knot to see how that is like, but I guess I can settle for the bulbous one. The blue handle one appeals to me.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom