New Maseto brush

The best prep for a new brush is to gently brush over the knot in case there are any loose hairs to remove there may be the odd one. Soak the brush in lukewarm water for around 20mins. Wash the brush twice with shampoo and follow with a conditioner. Flick out the water then lather with a good shave soap. You should have a nice clean brush to use. Hope that helps?

Last edited:
The bset prep for a new brush is to gently brush over the knot in case there are any loose hairs to remove there may be the odd one. Soak the brush in lukewarm water for around 20mins. Wash the brush twice with shampoo and follow with a conditioner. Flick out the water then lather with a good shave soap. You should have a nice clean brush to use. Hope that helps?
Thanks Wayne. That will now be my prep this morning.

Picked mine up this morning...7:30am...on a Saturday!
Here's a photo of it straight out of the box. I'm prepping the brush at the moment. Bloomed photo to follow later.

20170715_075712-jpg.14734

Soaked and rinsed with fairy liquid for a few minutes. Washed with L'Oreal shampoo and conditioner "because it's worth it".
Palm lathered with TOBS Sandlewood and I'm leaving the cream in it for a couple of hours.
Apart from the wash with fairy liquid (some browning of the water thats all) none of the rest was really necessary as I couldn't smell any funk at all.

I've been blown away with this brush even before I opened the box. Brilliant packaging and a free stand and key ring for starters.
When I looked it over, the knot was very neat and symmetrical. I've paid over £200 for brushes with poorer shaped knots.

Now onto when I first got my hands on it wet....Oh sweet Jesus on a cracker!
Stunning! Excuse the expletives but I said out loud "how f**king soft is this brush!" Sorry.

I washed it through with shampoo and it whipped up a storm. I can't wait to use it later.

Cheers
Rob

Picked mine up this morning...7:30am...on a Saturday!
Here's a photo of it straight out of the box. I'm prepping the brush at the moment. Bloomed photo to follow later.

20170715_075712-jpg.14734

Soaked and rinsed with fairy liquid for a few minutes. Washed with L'Oreal shampoo and conditioner "because it's worth it".
Palm lathered with TOBS Sandlewood and I'm leaving the cream in it for a couple of hours.
Apart from the wash with fairy liquid (some browning of the water thats all) none of the rest was really necessary as I could smell any funk at all.

I've been blown away with this brush even before I opened the box. Brilliant packaging and a free stand and key ring for starters.
When I looked it over, the knot was very neat and symmetrical. I've paid over £200 for brushes with poorer shaped knots.

Now onto when I first got my hands on it wet....Oh sweet Jesus on a cracker!
Stunning! Excuse the expletives but I said out loud "how f**king sift is this brush!" Sorry.

I washed it through with shampoo and it whipped up a storm. I can't wait to use it later.

Cheers
Rob
Oh it's a key ring! I did wonder.

Back
Top Bottom