New Maseto brush

Got my brush this morning, maseto two band finest. Brilliant packaging and I love the shape and size of the brush, had to use it immediately of course.

Bit of funky smell and coloured the water in my cup yellow which was to be expected but I was amazed at the amount of soap it needed compared to my boar and synthetic brushes to produce a decent lather.

Probably just because it's a massive brush but do (new) badger brushes need more soap to produce lather?

I've hoarded enough soap to last me a good couple of years already so not bothered about using more of it, just being curious!

20170707_203159-1703x1344.jpg

Got my brush this morning, maseto two band finest. Brilliant packaging and I love the shape and size of the brush, had to use it immediately of course.

Bit of funky smell and coloured the water in my cup yellow which was to be expected but I was amazed at the amount of soap it needed compared to my boar and synthetic brushes to produce a decent lather.

Probably just because it's a massive brush but do (new) badger brushes need more soap to produce lather?

In my experience, yes. New badgers take a few uses to break in and until then they do eat lather.

I've hoarded enough soap to last me a good couple of years already so not bothered about using more of it, just being curious!

View attachment 26715
Hi @nlMike ,

From my experience I have found that the best way to use the 30mm 2 band Maseto brush is to make sure you rinse it more than you would perhaps with others after letting it soak in warm water.
Give it a squeeze prior to indulging the soap. trust me, it will be a lot cheaper in the long run. ;)

These brushes take in so much water and as a result it will literally eat your soap when wet. YMMV. and indeed may not produce the lather you are looking for. From my experience you will find it too bubbly and undeserving for the soap you are using. I am fully aware that different soaps require different amounts of water to create the perfect lather but it is far better to add water as you are going along IMO.
Once you have the hang of it you will have loads of badger splattered over your face with a silky smooth thick lather.

Hope this helps!
Wayne :)

Last edited:
Ah of course it's got to do with the water content.. I just gave it a couple of shakes which is OK for my boars but this does hold lots more water.

Good tip to so an extra rinse as well!

Won't be able to test it next couple of days though, left my brushes in the bathroom after taking the photo and now traveling for work, so I guess no shave for three days :(

zj7615.jpg

I jest, it was only posted on the 7th. Must... Be... Patient.

Back
Top Bottom