New Mantic video - MWF

James_uk said:
First time I saw a soap being submerged before shaving :?
I really respect M. ideas but I dont see the point of submerging the soap... to make it softer,maybe?But MWF is already a soft soap after a couple uses.

fozz77 said:
I find MWF is not a very cushioning lather... it may be better suited to straight users?
I find it very good for use with a straight, but that's partly because I do consider it to be cushioning. A good all-rounder in my opinion.

Nice to read PigCat's SOTD post: my enthusiasm for this soap isn't just down to Yorkshire chauvinism, so it's heartening to see a former sceptic having a good experience with it.

I love the stuff, but I think I´m one of the oily skin guys Mantic talkes about in the vid. I get pimples from it :( . But I´m not giving up, I´m trying it today again and if it doesn´t work I´ll try later, when it gets colder.

I get good shaves from MWF. The water around here isn't hard, but it's not soft either, kind of midway.

I don't soak the soap
I use water that is hotter than warm
I don't load the brush upside down

I DO load the brush twice. First time for about 15 seconds and paint that on my face. Then again for about another 10 seconds and then face lather. Seems to work fine.

I did once soak a puck of MWF and it killed it. Maybe I didn't drain it properly, but after the soaking I could not get a good lather from it.

A good lather from MWF, to me, is better than anything else that I have tried.

Ian

Arrowhead said:
Nice to read PigCat's SOTD post: my enthusiasm for this soap isn't just down to Yorkshire chauvinism, so it's heartening to see a former sceptic having a good experience with it.

I thought for a moment you were just impressed that I'd actually bothered to post a SOTD for a change!

And I'm not averse to a bit of Yorkshire. My family comes from Leeds so I'm from decent stock. With all this enthusiasm for artisan soap at the moment I reckon I should start working on a Suffolk formula, a kind of equivalent to Mitchell's Wool Fat. Sheep are OK, but I'm a people person so I'm thinking of calling it 'Pig Cat's Man Fat'. :? :shock:

It sounds like with a bit of trial and error should hopefully get me good results with this one. Patience is key I think, so just gonna give it a go.

The ceramic dish looks awesome. Another soap to add to the basket!

This soap definitely appreciates being hydrated more than most so don't expect the best results if you've plucked it off the shelf after three months and it looks like the parched cracked surface of a desert. A ten minute soak won't fully revive a soap in this condition either, leave it for another day and use it daily rather than part of a rotation, you'll get the best of it then IMO.

antdad said:
This soap definitely appreciates being hydrated more than most so don't expect the best results if you've plucked it off the shelf after three months and it looks like the parched cracked surface of a desert. A ten minute soak won't fully revive a soap in this condition either, leave it for another day and use it daily rather than part of a rotation, you'll see the best of it then IMO.

I use it once a week and that works well for me :)

I have fairly hard water here, and have always got on 'ok' with MWF - never good enough to put me off using anything else, but never bad enough to not bother ever again! I'll take on board Mark's tips and try it again later, all I need to do is decide between the 2211 and the 2201 (which hasn't been out since the 2211 arrived :( )...... off to Fido's blog.

I used MWF every second day for a while and found it does get better with regular use. I have noticed with a lot of hard soaps but more so MWF, I took the soap out of rotation and next time I looked at it the cake was very dry and cracked looking. With any of the hard soaps if I haven;t used them for ages I make a lather the day before and then use it the next day for shaving. This really seems to help a lot with getting them producing nice shave quality lather.

Back
Top Bottom