New Mühle stainless steel razor 'Rocca'

If this is similar to an R89 then my plans of not purchasing any more hardware for a while has just gone through the window. This will be on my 'must have, will have' list.

This is really great news as far as I am concerned

I'll have to agree on this. The R89 is stellar, and to be able to have that in an all-stainless steel version would be killer.

Latest confirmed info from the US distributor of Muhle products. Like the Jet from 3 years ago this run will be a limited amount for world wide distribution. So what that means is the US gets so many,Europe gets so many and so on. The distributors (not vendors) will order on November 1 and the razors for sale will probably be thereafter. It was confirmed there are 3 handle options which includes the rubberized Jet(black). The price was not known but expect it to be very expensive. When I mentioned over $100 I was almost laughed at. This is supply and demand at its finest. What I am thinking is vendors will not get this. You will probably have to it get directly from Muehle that is the razor.

Hmmmm, so we may have to order it directly from Muhle eh..... Well at least we have a favourable exchange rate at the moment.

..... Oh hang on a mo.......

.... Arse. :-(

We seem to have the first prices from The Gentlemans Groom Room ↪on Instagram.
The all black (Jet) razor and the one with a birch bark handle will be £94.50. the razor with a black handle will be £75.50

I'm pleasantly surprised - not as high as I thought Muhle would price these.
That's about $115 for the birch one. Not bad.

Also of note is;
"...arrive at our Dundee shaving shop possibly as soon as the end of next week."

I'm pleasantly surprised - not as high as I thought Muhle would price these.
That's about $115 for the birch one. Not bad.

Also of note is;
"...arrive at our Dundee shaving shop possibly as soon as the end of next week."
I am looking forward to reading a few reviews for these razors, they certainly look fine. I'm guessing they will shave like a R89 which is a very good razor indeed and produces great shaves. A good price for stainless Muhle imo.

These razors are for sale at Muhle USA however, I am not sure the head is stainless steel. All four models for sale mention only the handle is stainless steel ( and wood) but nothing about the head. Very strange and troubling.

I noticed that too, however in looking at the head closely, it does not appear to be cast zamak or chromed. In fact, the head looks to be a new design. Normally I would say that this is a $200 razor and so we can assume it is totally stainless steel, but then looking at their other offerings with the zamak heads going for $170, I can understand your caution. When I was working, I used to deal with the Feds a lot and rule #1 was - If you don't see it in writing, it doesn't exist.

Back
Top Bottom