New Mühle stainless steel razor 'Rocca'

How can anything be milder than an R89? I guess you could use your finger.

Easy. Less blade-exposure. The R89 has positive blade-exposure, hence it can be harsh on the skin if not used properly. So if this new one has neutral or maybe even negative blade-exposure it's a win in my book.

If by mild you mean how effective or ineffective it is, I actually find it pretty effective. It easily mows down several days of stubble with ease.

I can't believe Muhle could go wrong.

I'm pretty sure the razor will shave just fine - personally I'm more curious to hear if/how it brings something new to the table. The price will also be interesting here as even though there is a fair bit of competition out there I'm still expecting Muhle to price this at the upper spectrum of the current price range.

There's a classic consumer pricing commitment set of questions that goes something like this;

1) At what lowest price would you start to question the quality of the item,

2) At what highest price would you consider it a great deal,

3) At what price would you feel it is over priced?

Playing this game for this Muhle-branded razor I'd say for me it would probably be;
1) $49
2) $79
3) $115

I'm pretty sure the razor will shave just fine - personally I'm more curious to hear if/how it brings something new to the table. The price will also be interesting here as even though there is a fair bit of competition out there I'm still expecting Muhle to price this at the upper spectrum of the current price range.

There's a classic consumer pricing commitment set of questions that goes something like this;

1) At what lowest price would you start to question the quality of the item,

2) At what highest price would you consider it a great deal,

3) At what price would you feel it is over priced?

Playing this game for this Muhle-branded razor I'd say for me it would probably be;
1) $49
2) $79
3) $115

...your post made me think...I am expecting a price well north of £100 GBP; entirely a guess. And my irrational response would be to still want one. I trust I am not reflective of what the 'market will bear'.

...your post made me think...I am expecting a price well north of £100 GBP; entirely a guess. And my irrational response would be to still want one. I trust I am not reflective of what the 'market will bear'.

Out of pure curiosity what would your three values be in that little exercise above?

I should add that I also expect it to be priced north of $115 :)

Out of pure curiosity what would your three values be in that little exercise above?

I should add that I also expect it to be priced north of $115 :)

...for 1. my confidence in the company is such that I would not suspect the quality even at a very low price. For 2. probably about £50 GBP and for 3. About £75 GBP. But here's the rub, I would be prepared to pay significantly more. German companies do have form in securing high margins and capturing the high-end market. Maybe going forward it will be a little harder for those American start-up's. If the product is well received and offers something new, would you pay over $115?...

...for 1. my confidence in the company is such that I would not suspect the quality even at a very low price. For 2. probably about £50 GBP and for 3. About £75 GBP. But here's the rub, I would be prepared to pay significantly more. German companies do have form in securing high margins and capturing the high-end market. Maybe going forward it will be a little harder for those American start-up's. If the product is well received and offers something new, would you pay over $115?...

It is funny that we do often acknowledge that even though we feel that an item is over priced...we will still buy it.
I'm guilty of that as well and in a way that just supports and perpetuates these higher price points :)

Would I still buy it even if it's $115+ (which I'm rather sure it will be) but receives amazing reviews? Uh...probably yes :)

It is funny that we do often acknowledge that even though we feel that an item is over priced...we will still buy it.
I'm guilty of that as well and in a way that just supports and perpetuates these higher price points :)

Would I still buy it even if it's $115+ (which I'm rather sure it will be) but receives amazing reviews? Uh...probably yes :)

I think it is probably positive that many are prepared to put there own value on what they want. My stainless steel toaster was very good value but I would be prepared to pay many multiples of what I paid. However it does work the other way for me, I was not prepared to continue paying for the price of cartridges. Funny old world. :)

Latest confirmed info from the US distributor of Muhle products. Like the Jet from 3 years ago this run will be a limited amount for world wide distribution. So what that means is the US gets so many,Europe gets so many and so on. The distributors (not vendors) will order on November 1 and the razors for sale will probably be thereafter. It was confirmed there are 3 handle options which includes the rubberized Jet(black). The price was not known but expect it to be very expensive. When I mentioned over $100 I was almost laughed at. This is supply and demand at its finest. What I am thinking is vendors will not get this. You will probably have to it get directly from Muehle that is the razor.

Back
Top Bottom