New Fatip Closed Comb

I can NOT believe that I thought it was coming from Italy - I feel such a PLANK
38272147287476a9e712bef4c2b2bf14dd07006a.jpg

ITS ARRIVED!!!!
(along with my other Sseygus head - oh boy which do I try first???)
22980032384_74d08b1ff2_z.jpg
[/url]
First impressions, looks very nice, blade alignment isnt automatically bob on and needs tweaking before screwing the head up tight otherwise it sits at an angle. The head is heavier than the handle (which is hollow) , the base plate is surprisingly heavy but in the hand it does feel quite balanced.

I will try the Sseygus first however as I got a good deal on that head, so it will be a few days before I write about this razor.

Don't we all buy Fa Tip's knowing fine well the handle is fit only for the bin?

Not us SE users Big Bro B. We just smile indulgently and enjoy the luxury of knowing we've invested in our last forever razor. ( if I keep typing this I may, in time, even believe it ! ).

JohnnyO. o/

Short, stumpy, hollowed out, light weight, poorly finished, poorly designed handles - yeah! I can see how they might appeal to SE shavers so please accept my apology, Bro J.

ITS ARRIVED!!!!
(along with my other Sseygus head - oh boy which do I try first???)
22980032384_74d08b1ff2_z.jpg
[/url]
First impressions, looks very nice, blade alignment isnt automatically bob on and needs tweaking before screwing the head up tight otherwise it sits at an angle. The head is heavier than the handle (which is hollow) , the base plate is surprisingly heavy but in the hand it does feel quite balanced.

I will try the Sseygus first however as I got a good deal on that head, so it will be a few days before I write about this razor.

My Mamba is at the collection office waiting to be picked up , it was posted on the 4th of November , today is the 8th of December , it has also attracted a grey card with a hefty £25.00p charge to pay .
Just happy that it has turned up at last , I was adamant that it had gone AWOL .

Fa Tip closed comb and Black Mambas are not the same thing! I have to write that down because I keep getting confused and I'm sure it's not all down to my addled head!

Have used the wood handle Fatip closed comb twice. Using a Feather blade the results were a smooth close shave. Feels very mild but gets the job done. My only complaint (minor) is the blade has to be slightly adjusted to get even exposure on both sides. This presented no problem to do however slightly annoying.

Taking one for the team, good man! I'm too skint with Christmas coming

You know what I said about watching this space and an early New Year bargain? Well watch this space.
I popped a heavier handle on it this morning, but whilst I got quite a nice shave (eventually) I spent far far too long messing about with the blade alignment. I mean what is it with modern razor manufacturers? Gillette sorted this 80 years ago for pity's sake? Yes its a mild shave, but by jove, its a damn faff to get it sorted in the morning.

The jury is still out on this razor, but whilst I wanted to like it owing to all the damn hassle I had getting it - at the moment Im just not sure. Is it worth it? Or would I be better off buying some more flat bottom tech heads and heavy handles? Will I keep it and pop it in my retirement stash? Hmmm, I dont know.

Back
Top Bottom