New custom from Drew

Using a straight isn't rocket science nor scary if it is sharp and shave ready. A blunt or dull blade causes all the problems. Slow and steady wins the day with with gentle touch.

I've gone off straights a little, this has re-ignited some interest! Agree with everyone above but to throw a spanner in the works I started with a Japanese 7/8. It was a phenomenal shaver then I bought some more etc. Honing was a piece of cake and spending £120 on the strop ensured I used it with care no scratches as of yet and its been about 2 years!

I guess it's more risky and possibly harder but still probable im living evidence.

Looks like we are all happy with our customs.
As has been said if you have an idea then it can be made (within reason) Mine is relatively conservative, except for the decoration which was a first for Drew. To me, that makes it. Photos don't really convey how amazing it looks, along with its size and heft.

I shaved with it first thing this morning, it's now 10.15pm and there is no sign of any stubble-

It's scared to look over the parapet :D:D

Bloody hell you lot are a bunch of show off's!!

Whilst I've got your attention I'd like to get your opinion on some designs for a couple of 7/8”, I've been trying to get some razors on my site for a while now but I've been flat out doing customs for one or two of you boys and as I've got a small lull in my list I figured now's as good a time as any to try out a couple of standard razor shapes and see how popular they'd be.

I'm starting on these two today, both will be 7/8” full hollow ground, so if you're on my facebook page you can watch how they progress
7-8 full hollow.jpg

Both designs look pretty cool to me, but I still prefer points to be slightly rounded off as it seems most of the Japanese razors are. Just can't be bothered to worry about the damage that little thing can do whilst in use!

Since we're showing them off...

temporary_zps836jtusl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom