New custom from Drew

11954708_1045186845492457_1448700633021399929_n.jpg IMG_6898 (1).jpg

8/8, full hollow ground, with a pewter wedge, silver pins and a beautifully done distressed finish to the spine and tang.

This little (actually that's a lie- it's massive ;) ) beauty slumbers in a set of Kirinite black MOP scales, stealthily waiting for the command for action!

(I'm a sad git, should have written adverts for a living...)

What do you think? (about the razor) Photos don't really do it justice, it truly is a thing of inspiration, I hope Drew gets more business from this!

Before anyone asks, due to family and business pressures I have yet to really face test it. I need time alone but that will come and I doubt I'll be disappointed.
Tony

Last edited:
I keep seeing razors that make me desperate to crack and buy a straight. This is one such razor!!!

Hope it shaves as good as it looks!

I keep seeing razors that make me desperate to crack and buy a straight. This is one such razor!!!

Hope it shaves as good as it looks!
Honestly I wouldn't buy a custom as a first straight. I'm not dissing Drew's razors. (I've had 2). But a custom is not a razor to learn with.

Start with a revisor- then work up!
A year ago i would not have given you tuppence for a straight. Now I have a leather tool roll filled with a dozen, plus several more boxed up. I've bought, restored and sold a few and kept most. And now had a custom made for me.

WTF is about these sharp witches that that attract us so much to them ??

Would never have thought that shaving could be a hobby :)

To be honest I am just put off by all the other bits and bobs you need to buy too. Hones, strops, etc. Will be expensive to get started.

Still ....I admire from afar, and this razor is certainly one I do admire!!!!

To be honest I am just put off by all the other bits and bobs you need to buy too. Hones, strops, etc. Will be expensive to get started.

Still ....I admire from afar, and this razor is certainly one I do admire!!!!
The basics are a good razor and a reasonable strop. You strop the razor, then shave, then strop and put the razor away, then strop and shave. That's it.

Afternoon fellas, MPH the guys are right the best thing to do is get a vintage shave ready and a half way decent strop to start and that should do you for a while. But be careful to get a shave ready from someone decent (beware eBay shave ready!!) don't go for a custom for your first razor its expensive and when you stuff up the edge (and you will on your first one) it wont feel quite as bad to do it on a cheaper blade.

Oh and Andy better not diss my razors or your not getting another one!! ;)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Might just keep my eye out for a second hand strop..... Would be so much simpler/cheaper/less time consuming not to of course..... But when has that counted for anything!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom