New car

The new car was delivered today. Very pleased ! We have never had an Audi or the likes before and the difference is certainly there. Build quality is so much better.

Its an Audi A3 Sportback, only a 1.2, but it's a great engine, they are turbo 'd and even on this size engine you can feel it. The electronic handbrake will take a bit of getting use to, especially by SWMBO.

[attachment=14099]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432669979.117559.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432669979.117559.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 73
Nice. I do like the A3. A mate had the S3 and I managed to borrow it for a couple of hours. Certainly is a well sorted car and a much better size than the bigger Audis in my opinion.

I'm not a fan of leccy hand brakes either.

Cheers guys. SWMBO wanted black, a colour we have never had. It does look good. We went for privacy glass which I think adds to the look. As for the engine it's certainly punchy enough for us. We don't do big miles and rarely motorway miles. The big difference though is road noise and ride quality. The outgoing Yaris had a harsh unforgiving ride, noisy tyres and cabin.

Nice car!

My wife car has an electric hand brake and she waits for me to "go for it" every time I come to a stop.... And I do..... EVERY TIME!!!!!! My car has a proper hand brake so I can't get used to the electric!!!

Anyway.... Enjoy the car....looks lovely!

Matt

Neat.

I wonder whether turbos are simply an emissions thing on smaller engines. Yes, they'll give it a little lift, but it'll be a small blower on a light pressure. Turbos DO burn off hydrocarbons very efficiently. Back in the mid-80s, SAAB did a promotional thing with their 9000 car showing that the air quality coming out of the car was better than going in! The test was in California, known for smog back in the day ... on selective chemicals, naturally, but it went to prove the point about turbocharging as a means of further cleaning emissions.

Super car, mate. Enjoy :D

pjgh said:
Neat.

I wonder whether turbos are simply an emissions thing on smaller engines. Yes, they'll give it a little lift, but it'll be a small blower on a light pressure. Turbos DO burn off hydrocarbons very efficiently. Back in the mid-80s, SAAB did a promotional thing with their 9000 car showing that the air quality coming out of the car was better than going in! The test was in California, known for smog back in the day ... on selective chemicals, naturally, but it went to prove the point about turbocharging as a means of further cleaning emissions.

Super car, mate. Enjoy :D

I think your spot on with emmissions, they are very low on this, and yes you do get a lift, nothing like a full on blast though.

Cheers again guys.

The turbos are about cleaner burning - getting more energy out of the fuel thus reducing consumption and emissions but more importantly they get more power out of smaller engines - so read higher stresses.

I've driven Renaults for ever and have had electronic handbrakes for years - decades. So my problem is in driving other cars - which all seem to have very poor acceleration.

Nice car NS, happy motoring.
Getting used to hand brakes can be challenging, in my lorry the park brake is small and obviously air assisted, sometimes my hand goes searching for the park brake instead of the handbrake in my car.

The A3 is exactly the car I want! Unfortunately, with saving now a priority I'll be sticking with my 09-plate Seat Ibiza for the foreseeable. Unfortunately, I've just spent £400 on new cambelt, water pump, servicing and MOT...

Nice mota, Sean, that looks really nice in the black.

What are these newfangled electronic handbrakes about? How do they work – is it not a lever?

PhilD said:
Nice mota, Sean, that looks really nice in the black.

What are these newfangled electronic handbrakes about? How do they work – is it not a lever?

It's a button in the dash/near the gear lever.

Motors are on the calliper rather than cables.

Back
Top Bottom