New brush, new quandry

Hey Mr bean I have a 620 is a great brush. Took me a couple of shaves to realise you have to get most of the water out before using a hard soap, cause boy for its size does it holds a lot.

Let me know which you decide. I have this exact quandry for my Dad's birthday present! Really interested to hear the outcome of this debate :)

mr..bean said:
Whatever you get, you'll be back for the other one soon enough!

You really can't go wrong with either of them choices. Unless you choose the 620! Hehe!

You may be right, I went with the 404 in the end, supporting the British manufacturer and all that, but may be back for the 620 in the future..

Gairdner said:
Vulfix 404 'Bodger' or if you want all boar then what about this for a touch of Italian class?

Omega 31064 at Connaught

Ok, it is 90p more than your ideal limit with postage still to add on top but it is a lovely brush and a good size. Omega boars really are fantastic brushes and I've never had a shedder. Can't get better service than Connaught either.

Another vote for either of these brushes. 31064 is a great brush as is the 404. You will not be disappointed with either of them. I also removed a knot from an Omega 49 and that also is a great knot for the money.

Picked up my 404 from the post office this morning. Was surprised it didn't fit through my letter box until I saw it was packaged in a relatively huge box and padded out with the Sunday Express colour supplement so it wouldn't fit through.

It has a nice weight, is much softer than I was expecting and the knot is smaller than I was expecting, possibly smaller than I'd like, but we'll see. Looking forward to the morning..

Initial thoughts on the 404 generally favourable.

I put a few test lathers through it before using it, if nothing else to try and subdue the smell - yuck!

It's nicely dense and the feel is generally slightly softer than that of my bristle brush, quite like you might expect it to really. The soft edge does remind me of a horrible floppy brush I had many years ago but it's not floppy, not at all. It lathers like a demon, even this early in the game it holds just about enough lather and water for 3 passes. I don't find it at all scritchy, but then I'm used to a straight boar brush.
Apart from the smell there's no real downside so far, I'm very impressed.
I've used it with Edwin Jagger Menthol soap & Ingram cream.

Back
Top Bottom