New brush, new quandry

So, my trusty Men-U bristle brush is shedding at an alarming rate so it's time for a new brush.

I face lather with soap & cream (together).
I'm quite happy to carry on using Boar or a combo brush.
It should be less than£15 ideally.
I don't like blonde bristles, i.e. a bit of shading please even if it is artificial.

I've narrowed it down. Not much but a bit:

Vulfix 404
Semgue 620
Semogue 1438
Cyril R Salter bristle and Badger
Muhle HJM pure bristle

any thoughts anyone? or any alternatives - if you want to confuse me nay more ;-)

Vulfix 404 'Bodger' or if you want all boar then what about this for a touch of Italian class?

Omega 31064 at Connaught

Ok, it is 90p more than your ideal limit with postage still to add on top but it is a lovely brush and a good size. Omega boars really are fantastic brushes and I've never had a shedder. Can't get better service than Connaught either.

I always used to face lather with soap and cream. I'm more a bowl or palm latherer now. No matter. The Vulfix 404 is a big tick. I keep espousing the qualities of the Omega 11047 boar and badger ($20 from West Coast Shaving, with post). It looks tiny - it has a tiny handle - but it does the business. I have more than 1, just in case. Failing that, have a look at Gifts & Care - lots to choose from, although I haven't checked to see if the boar has shading. Good luck!

Thanks for the input peeps, lots of Omega love. The 49 has blonde bristles so isn't for me, the 11047 is a bit on the tiny side for my sausage fingers but the 31064 is definately good looking and worth adding to the short list I think.
Am I any nearer a decision? Not really, but I can't order until tomorrow earliest so plenty of time to cogitate yet.

Nearly time to pull the trigger and it's down to two, the 404 or 620..
Honestly if I fin it this difficult spending £12 on a brush, what would I be like if I had £60 to spend? ;-)

Back
Top Bottom