New AS/Cologne suggestions?

I use Issey Mayake, and various Calvin Klein's.
On the advice from this thread I bought some Floris JF Shaving soap and after shave and used it for the first time today.

The soap was wonderful to shave with and smelt very fresh. The After shave is just sublime, its very fresh, but more sophisticated than Calvin Klein or Issy Mayake.

The wife loves it too :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Details magazine states that the Seasons standouts are: 1. D&G The One Sport; 2. RSI de Lacoste Energetic Red; 3. Nautical Aqua Rush; 4. Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb; 5. Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme; 6. Thirdman Eau Moderne. Now we all can be 'Cool'!!!

RB73 said:
Do you have a limit on budget fella and do you want to have a look away from the mainstream.

I'm open to any new stuff as I've smelt most of the common smellies now.

I did manage to get a cracking little sample pack from a lady at Floris and I have to say some were very nice, others, not so.

The stand-out's were undoubtedly Santal and JF. I'm thinking Santal may be my pick of the bunch so I may grab some of that. Number 89, Private Collection and Elite just were not for me.

Andybaldybilly said:
I also love Floris Santal and especially Endymion. For more shop available EDT's I recommend Ralph Lauren Polo Blue (not the big Polo collection) this can be worn during the day or evening. Burberry Touch, is quite a strong smell so I only wear in the evening. I love both and so do the ladies :)

Weirdly, I had a few boxes left to clear from my "man cupboard" and came across an unopened set of Burberry Touch that my eldest daughter bought me for Father's Day last year. It came with a shower gel and ASB, which was nice. The EDT is really quite nice and is definitely going into my collection. Having had a proper rummage through cupboards, boxes, etc I've gathered up quite the stockpile of AS/EDT's. They include,

212 - Carolina Herrera ( I asked for this one, but it's not quite as nice as I'd remembered)
Lacoste Red and Orange. The orange is quite nice, hint of Aniseed and similar to Clinique Happy. Red is a little spicier with a citrus tinge.
Boss in Motion - Very similar to Happy and Lacoste Red.

All that being said, I still want some newer smellies.

At this point, I'm leaning towards Acqua Di Gio, Hot Water (cheers chris), 1 Million, Givenchy Blue Label and Floris Santal.

All great suggestions. Thank you!

I just picked up a surprising EDT.

Original Penguin.

Wasn't sure that I would ever buy a smelly from a clothing company, but tried this today and its really nice.
An Oriental mix of woodiness with a fresh vanillary feel.
Worth a try if you see it around Tainted. Could be right up your street!

Tainted said:
At this point, I'm leaning towards Acqua Di Gio, Hot Water (cheers chris), 1 Million, Givenchy Blue Label and Floris Santal.

In which case, you may wish to head over to the Floris website where they've just started their summer sale - among other goodies, there's 50% off Santal (was £69 and now £34.50 for 100ml EDT). I picked up 30ml bottle in their Christmas sale last year, but I'm sorely tempted to splash out on a big bottle now.

For many years I used Boss, CK and all the mainstream ones you get from dept stores and high street shops. These days I think they all smell sort of samey, they are all also almost always EDT. Go into a perfume counter and pick one and ask for an aftershave, the look you get is like you have no idea what you are talking about.

My last one was Blue De Channel, three time different women said " You do know this is an aftershave sir?". Seems most guys use EDT and I have seen them splash them on and then run around with their face on fire.

These days I tend to go for more distinctive ones like 1805, Cade, and other ones from the likes of Dr Harris that you don't find on the high street. I think they smell more distinctive and I feel I am often asked what I am wearing. Sometimes cause it honks (Tabac but I like it) and others because they have never smelled anything that is not dept store / perform shop scents.

I use Acqua di Gio - its very similer to D&G Light Blue, fresh and ocean-like.

I picked up some T&H Trafalgar recently which was a change from anything I normally use. Its quite strong, but dries down quickly to a pleasant odour which people ask me about (usually ladies at work!).

I like "green" or citrus type fragrances so in my collection I have:

Loewe Esencia - My current fave
Eternity Summer - a very close second
Floris JF - A bit like original Eternity
Irisch Moos EDT - strong fragrance, starts out sickly but settles very nicely

But also have L'Occitane Vetyver and EDT

I also have some Pino Sylvestre on order as I hear it's quite nice.

P

Back
Top Bottom