New and possibly addicted

Hi everybody. I'm a pretty new DE shaver as I only started around three weeks ago but I think that I'm starting to get the hang of it. Slightly worrying though is the fact that already I seem to be slightly addicted to trying out pretty much everything that I can just in case I'm missing out on something even though I'm perfectly happy with the kit that I have. Saying that looking at some of the posts here I'm not the only one:icon_razz:

We all go through a stage of wanting to try anything and everything! I seem to have settled down and I haven't added to my shaving shelf in months, so there is hope for you. Welcome aboard.

wibxl said:
Thank you and the funny thing is that I thought that I'd actually be saving money by using a DE razor...

Heheh...not when you are addicted like the rest of us :icon_razz:
But it's a fun & healthy addiction!

Welcome to TSR!

Welcome. Suggestion: read, study, plan before you go off and buy. If you don't you'll go off in tangents that end up nowhere.
A fantastic resource is the daily shave sections you'll see what works and what you can strive for.

wibxl said:
Hi everybody. I'm a pretty new DE shaver as I only started around three weeks ago but I think that I'm starting to get the hang of it. Slightly worrying though is the fact that already I seem to be slightly addicted to trying out pretty much everything that I can just in case I'm missing out on something

Hi there,

Hmmm, sounds like the beginning stages of some kinda acquisition disorder. There's a few other members with that same problem and I'm sure they'll offer you some good advice.......enablers that they are.

So yeah, by now things should be coming together and you should be getting some good (but not great) shaves on a pretty regular basis. Everything gets easier from here on out, and that's really when the fun starts.

In a couple of weeks, I might suggest finding the right razor for your next step. Your technique should be fine and you'll have tried some different blades to find one that suits you. Important as blades are, using the right razor is probably more so. Anyway, that's what I'd zero in on next, after another few weeks of using what you have.

Martin

Well i have managed to use just one razor, one blade, one soap.

NOT!!

Being weak I will always blame someone else.
Yes you Dodgy! Stole my willpower in my sleep he did.
Suckered it out with a massive brass willpower remover.
If he offers you a razor that will be it. Red pill down the rabbit hole. Think
The Matrix.
Enjoy the ride fella!
Tim slick ooze

wibxl said:
Thank you and the funny thing is that I thought that I'd actually be saving money by using a DE razor...

I reckon I'm saving money on blades.

It's the soaps and creams that I keep buying that I don't really need. I've only been doing this for 2 months and I already have 12 soaps and creams in my rotation.

(MWF, Arko, TOBS Sandalwood, TOBS Lemon Lime, TOBS Jermyn Street, TOBS Eton College, Trumpers Violet, T&H Grafton, DR Harris Arlington, Proraso, Cella)

That's actually 11, but I should have a Cyril Salters Mint on the way with any luck to make a dozen.

I probably will slow down, I will definitely be getting some Trumpers Coconut at some point soon and I also imagine at some stage I'll be tempted to splash out on a pot of Martin de Candre. They are my only real 'must haves', but I think eventually I'd like to at least try all the TOBS, Trumper, T&H and Harris ranges as well as look at some of the Professor Blighty's stuff and Nanny's.

Slick said:
Well i have managed to use just one razor, one blade, one soap.

NOT!!

Being weak I will always blame someone else.
Yes you Dodgy! Stole my willpower in my sleep he did.
Suckered it out with a massive brass willpower remover.
If he offers you a razor that will be it. Red pill down the rabbit hole.
Tim slick ooze

Blimey mate......shiver me timbers.......and Pip Pip! See that? I'm acting incredulous. You're gonna give the new guy the spooks about me. Now we both know your situation is sorta unusual in that you need different razors for the various entities that possess you.

Sure, you gotta have a few for Slick and one or two for Tim. Then there's Mr Mongoose, Slimbo, and even Blake needs a couple razors.Yeah, they can add up in a hurry.

Sheeesh, now it's gonna be tough for me to sell this new member LOTS of stuff. Tipped him off to my schtick........crickey!

Yeah, I was gonna post another response to him a little later......casually asking him when he was born. Yep, all real friendly like. Hah,does that sound familiar, my favorite E4? Now I gotta go to plan B, which I can't talk about.

You realize I'm gonna have to make this potential loss of revenue up somewhere........

Marvinabler

Back
Top Bottom