New addition? The cartridge razor!

I think this just proves there's a bit of milage and quite a bit of discussion and banter opportunities here, not least as some had said due to price, reviews would help people save money by selecting a good option. Most people except the purest at one time or another use a cart, if it's disscussed then maybe razor exchanges can happen so people can test out handles and blades before buying.

I understand the 'traditional' part but what makes something 'traditional'? A few generations of using that method? Carts are getting onto 40 years old now and I'm sure a large proportion of the forum have used one at one time or other.

I occasionally use a cartridge when travelling, mostly because they are allowed on carry on luggage. The GII, Contour or Sensor are not too bad, the less blades the better. I see Gillette have launched a single blade cartridge in India, i wouldn't mind trying one of those.

Having gone back to a Mach 3 on a few occasions, the actual shave has not been that bad, indeed it was far better than i used to fare when it was my only razor for all those years. This was more than likely due to the fact that unlike before, my pre - shave, soap and cream being applied by brush followed by after shave negated most of what used to give me major problems with this type of razor.

Talking if the gillette guard (Indian Market single blade) I've a friend just gone over there for a few weeks working, I've asked him to grab some and some OS lime and some shaving rounds.

I think a cartridge section would not be wrong, handy info for traveling and some use them for quickness and sometimes others are forced into it for medical reasons.

However the section would be short, there is only one good cartridge and that was the Sensor (non excel).

I do enjoy a new shiny mach3 or Azur cart. I can get good shaves with them. Trouble is I don't use them often and swmba normally nicks them shortly after the first use so it isn't very economical.

Never tried a sensor but will get around to it.

I get the feeling many people like the carts that were around, or just out, when they took up shaving.

So, as far as I can see, judging by the talk just on this thread, a cartridge razor section would appear to be a a 'go-er'. As long as discussion is limited to cartridge razors, and negative comments from the 'cartridges are evil just because they mess up my face' league are kept to a minimum.

Ian

Audiolab said:
However the section would be short, there is only one good cartridge and that was the Sensor (non excel).

+1

I still use my Sensor for my legs during the warmer months when I'm cycling with bare legs. (I've not been bothering for a few weeks now!)

The swivel head makes it easier for the tricky spots around the knee. I know it's possible with a DE and that women used DE razors on their legs for decades. I use one every now and again whenever a leg shave coincides with one of my DE blades going blunt. The face blunt blade is plenty sharp enough for softer leg hairs. Shaving once a week, a Sensor cartridge lasts months so isn't expensive.

I occasionally shave my face when I swap the cartridge and it's always ok. But always feels less satisfying than using my safety razor.

Back
Top Bottom