New addition? The cartridge razor!

Ids

Seems to be a lot of disscussion about cartridge razors recently, any chance of getting a section in shaving tackle and reviews? with the cost of them I wouldn't mind seeing discussions to help us praise or dam them!

I know this could be sacrilege to some here but, Cartridge razors are wet shavers too!

The Shave Den has a sub forum for cartridge razors. Not sure how many of us use them (I do from time to time) but I'd certainly have no objections. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Ian

Jeltz said:
It will be subscription only, after all if you are happy to shell out the massive cartridge costs....... :lol:

You can't put a price on a smooth, close, quick, faff-free shave.

joe mcclaine said:
You can't put a price on a smooth, close, quick, faff-free shave.
Apparently you can £20
135224.jpg

Surprise surprise, I'm going to chip in here to say that this sounds like a good idea to me. I'm about as uninformed, disinterested, and for that matter uninterested as it's possible for a chap to be, but there seems to be a fair bit of comment on the subject going around, so fair's fair, by my reckoning. Also, unlike the proposed grooming section, it's about wet shaving (all right, not "traditional") which places it squarely within the ambit of TSR as defined at the top of the page. At this point if I was running true to form there's be a sarcastic or mischievous comment, but no: serious post, sincerely meant.

There's often talk about travel razors here. Aren't cartridge razors allowed on planes? I expect it would be of interest to those who fly a lot who may consider a cartridge.

And how about some of our older members? With wrinkly faces, failing eye-sight and unsteady hands I would expect cartridges to be a rather tempting option. I shall of course mention no names.

Pig Cat said:
There's often talk about travel razors here. Aren't cartridge razors allowed on planes? I expect it would be of interest to those who fly a lot who may consider a cartridge.

And how about some of our older members? With wrinkly faces, failing eye-sight and unsteady hands I would expect cartridges to be a rather tempting option. I shall of course mention no names.

Forty is very old ...... :lol:

I think it's a good idea too, I think we can all understand that at one point or another, a cartridge razor can be useful.
And those that use them on a daily basis (and non members for now) might be interested in the whole "software" part, and later convert to DE.

I think we're a pretty open minded forum, and so I'd say it's a good idea :D

Max

yes..yes they are..but in my opinion..they are VERY pricey (here in the USA) and give me a "cheap" feeling when being used and they run down on the lube strips..I get a few ingrown hairs..like I somehow missed a few whiskers on my neck and knowing I easily went over em anyways

Blades

I think the DE shavers should be grateful that the straight razor shavers let them post on their forum.

After all, aren't they the ones who're doing it properly, surely.

They don't need to use razors with names like . . . ahem . . . "Fat-boy" or "Rocket" or "Aristocrat" or "President".

They don't need fancy Gold-plating, or . . . get this . . . adjustable razors . . . what are they . . . like a training razor?

So, a little perspective is needed.

It's only shaving.

Back
Top Bottom