Nannys soaps

I've just had a lovely shave with Nanny's Vetyver this morning - my suggestion is to hand lather, so you can actually see whether there is enough water loaded on to the brush or not - no need to use a bowl, although it can help. Lathering on the hand also makes it easier to do the meringue test - hold your hand upside down, and if you've got the lather right, it should just stick, and not start to drip.

Kudos to Sharon, and I recommend the vetyver if you like evocative aromas - the description I sent back to her is: "reminds me of an early morning walk in a pine forest looking for mushrooms in Autumn, with a slight hint of menthol coolness"

soapalchemist said:
Thanks Gents, lots of handy hints there for the unwary first user of my soft soaps; I have trawled t'Interweb for hours looking for wider mouth suitable containers of 100 - 120ml capacity; thin to non existant on the ground. But I'm keeping looking, and have sent an enquiry of to a supplier. That's a nice scuttle, Rocketman.
Do any of you think aluminium tins (lined with a resin) and with a wider neck, would be a good idea? There are two things putting me off; one, that they only come with a wider neck in 150ml (I would prefer max 120ml), and the other that aluminium gets dented so easily, I think a lot of users would dent it with their big manly fingers.:) For sure, every little knock will leave a dent. Of course, I could batter them up before sending them out and call it 'retro' or some such. So any thoughts you would have on types of containers would be very welcome.

I actually think that a dented up tin would work better, providing a bit of friction for the brush, so it would lather quicker, much like the spider web scuttle. What do others think?

i put my hard soaps in the plastic container that you get when you buy one of the cheap body creams from home and bargain - chuck out the grot inside and it's a perfect size for them - plus i wrap the muslin or paper covering around the lid so i know whats what.

chrisbell said:

soapalchemist said:
Ah Chrisbell; the classic cry of the TSR member!:icon_lol:

Except in my case it's true.:icon_cry2:

Perhaps you should turn your studies over to Physics. You could build a machine that creates a worm-hole in to another dimension where you can store an infinite amount of soaps and creams. Remember, necessity is the mother of invention. What a great story you'll have to tell to the Nobel Prize committee!

Pig Cat said:
chrisbell said:

soapalchemist said:
Ah Chrisbell; the classic cry of the TSR member!:icon_lol:

Except in my case it's true.:icon_cry2:

Perhaps you should turn your studies over to Physics. You could build a machine that creates a worm-hole in to another dimension where you can store an infinite amount of soaps and creams. Remember, necessity is the mother of invention. What a great story you'll have to tell to the Nobel Prize committee!

LOL - nice idea! One slight hitch, though - when it comes to physics, I'm like this poor lad:

dunce.jpg

Back
Top Bottom