Nannys soaps

Thanks again, and especially for that link Losethebeard. On their site I found this also http://www.tinwaredirect.com/product117559/t9008--out-of-stock.aspx I've spoken to them and it is lined with EPA which is what I want, and 100ml to the top. Would something like that suit?

Ampulla make a range of aluminium tins etc, we are looking at getting aluminium bottles for our fragrances. The samples they sent look good quality.

The alumium tins look fine. I transferred my first soft soap into a rather nice lathering dish and lid I had anyway. I'm coming to the end of my TOBS Sandalwood Cream... and I was thinking of buying another soft soap and transferring into the empty tub. BUT... the advantage of the aluminium tin is that you can have the proper sticker on the top... not essential, I suppose, but it adds to the experience

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-x-Large-Metal-Pot-New-Big-Aluminium-Tin100ml-Beauty-Candles-Cosmetics-Creams-/140879056701?pt=UK_HealthBeauty_Other_RL&hash=item20cd0bcf3d

Just spotted the above on e-bay if any use.

Pete

soapalchemist said:
Thanks again, and especially for that link Losethebeard. On their site I found this also http://www.tinwaredirect.com/product117559/t9008--out-of-stock.aspx I've spoken to them and it is lined with EPA which is what I want, and 100ml to the top. Would something like that suit?

They look good to me. I think the aluminium tins are a bit more manly.

Personally I would opt for something a little deeper, even if that means not filling them up as it provides a bit more space to swirl the brush round inside to collect the soap. A brand new TOBS 150g cream comes in a tub 83mm diameter and 48mm deep, there is a gap of 12mm between the top of the cream and the top of the pot, so having a bit of a gap is not a problem.

Thanks again guys; Pete, unfotunately the tins on Ebay have the same narrow neck problem as my own jars that I use currently.
Walkers, I've checked out Ampulla (Jamies suggested them to me in a PM) but their prices are high, and no tins the right sort of dimensions, nor in PET jars that I could see.
Losethebeard; that is very useful, as I did look at 150 jars with a reasonably wide neck, but wondered if people would feel that their tin was half empty rather than half full. I can totally see the sense in having it less than full.

I use my Nanny's hard soap in a Tesco square tub - think it's 200g but it may even be slightly bigger. You get 3 of these for £1.50 or therabouts.

I have my Nanny's hard soap, Valobra Menthol and 3 grated Palmolive soap sticks in them.

As mentioned they are great as even though they are too big it allows you to get a big brush with plenty of loading space and keeps any extra lather generated from the load in them. the Nanny's hard soap looks a little too small for it but when you are loading a brush such as the Omega Pro 48 you benefit from the extra room. Same with the Valobra soap.

Personally I like the tubs the soft soaps come in but they are just too narrow. No need for aluminum, imo, just a wider opening (ahem).

I used my Forests one (Norwegian I think) that has lovely clean pine fresh scent in conjunction with superdrug's Forest Fresh AS. What a wonderful combo and the scent stays for good time afterwards as well.

All I need now is a lemony lime AS to go with the lemony lime goat's milk soap and I'll be a very happy, well shaved, bunny.

soapalchemist said:
Thanks again guys; Pete, unfotunately the tins on Ebay have the same narrow neck problem as my own jars that I use currently.
Walkers, I've checked out Ampulla (Jamies suggested them to me in a PM) but their prices are high, and no tins the right sort of dimensions, nor in PET jars that I could see.
Losethebeard; that is very useful, as I did look at 150 jars with a reasonably wide neck, but wondered if people would feel that their tin was half empty rather than half full. I can totally see the sense in having it less than full.

I must embarrassedly admit I've yet to try one of Sharon's products:blush: (boo, hiss etc.). but I reckon that, as long as the amount of product is displayed on the label, having a section of tin above the top of the product would be very handy.

Griffo said:
WiffWaff said:
chrisbell said:
I must embarrassedly admit I've yet to try one of Sharon's products

Worth treating yourself. The size of the tub isn't much of a problem... the problem is trying to decide which scent to go for.

The lemony lime with goat's milk smells amazing.

Unfortunately, my skin doesn't tolerate lime at all - trouble is, I'm completely out of storage space for new products.:icon_cry2:

The scotch pine and vetyver are both great woody scents of which I've quickly become addicted. Ice and a slice is a nice menthol & lemon type scent but probably not up your street based on what you've said above.

Back
Top Bottom