My fitness pal

Anyone else use this fantastic app?

I've been slowly putting on weight for years now and now weigh 15.8 stone. As I'm only 5'8 that is pretty bad.

A month ago I had my cholesterol checked and was told that at 6.3 it was too high and I had to change my diet...

Took me a month to get myself in the correct frame of mind and started just a few days ago and have been doing ok so far.

Made far easier by using my fitness pal , it calculates how many calories you should be eating and tracks your food and drink intake to give you a daily report on your eating habits.

Have also just ordered myself some fitbit wifi scales that automatically sync with the app (my fitness pal) to help keep track of your results :)

If anyone else uses and wants to add me as a friend I'm on there as gregholmes1974

Now I just need to motivate myself for some exercise ...

These app things are very motivational - there's nothing more inspiring than seeing results.

When I was running I used to take a GPS along to plot the courses and then uploaded them to the net to see how / if I was improving.

I used Endomondo and Sportstracker, I think.

I would be lost without Garmin Connect and my Garmin Swim Watch.

It is telling me I've swum 4.5 miles / 7.3 km and burned 1,770 Calories this week, which is nice.

Now I can have an extra Yorkshire Pudding and stuffing ball on my Sunday dinner.

I use fitbit I'm 5'10 and weight 11st 8lbs it's a good app for monitoring your weight, I do find inputting foods tedious though not sure quite how to calculate calories burned during sport, this is important as I play squash and football weekly

justcallmegreg said:
Anyone else use this fantastic app?

I've been slowly putting on weight for years now and now weigh 15.8 stone. As I'm only 5'8 that is pretty bad.

A month ago I had my cholesterol checked and was told that at 6.3 it was too high and I had to change my diet...

Took me a month to get myself in the correct frame of mind and started just a few days ago and have been doing ok so far.

Made far easier by using my fitness pal , it calculates how many calories you should be eating and tracks your food and drink intake to give you a daily report on your eating habits.

Have also just ordered myself some fitbit wifi scales that automatically sync with the app (my fitness pal) to help keep track of your results :)

If anyone else uses and wants to add me as a friend I'm on there as gregholmes1974

Now I just need to motivate myself for some exercise ...

It's a great app. I used it and stuck to it until I didn't really need it anymore and could tot things up in my head. Brilliant for the start (and all) of a weight loss mission. I was just about at 18st at the start of last January, now at around 13st 2lb. Lots of cycling too!

The good thing about an app / watch / gps is you don't have to walk round with a plastic bag full of **** in your pocket.

Well, not unless that sort of thing floats your boat.

joe mcclaine said:

It is telling me I've swum 4.5 miles / 7.3 km and burned 1,770 Calories this week, which is nice.

Now I can have an extra Yorkshire Pudding and stuffing ball on my Sunday dinner.

Hey Vinny,
Great to hear you are still swimming, are you still up for any of the open water swims this year?

hunnymonster said:
Anyone on Strava, I've created a 'club' for TSR... http://www.strava.com/clubs/theshavingroom - all are welcome :)

I'm in of course ;)
Wish they would add swimming to Strava, I like staring at geeky stats:icon_rolleyes:

jaycey said:
joe mcclaine said:

Hey Vinny,
Great to hear you are still swimming, are you still up for any of the open water swims this year?

Only just back into it this week. Last swam in December (!) Sailed through a 2km swim today at a very steady (pedestrian) pace. Did a mile and then just kept going. The only reason I stopped was that I'd run out of time.

Places still booked for all the Great Swims, but dithering about hotels, transport and having to take Fridays off work.

Might just do the North, Manchester and London swims as they are probably 'do-able' in the middle of a day's travelling - plus it gives me a few weekends' rest between swims.

We'll see.

hunnymonster said:
You're not in the 'club' (or weren't when I last looked)

Thought I had done it on the phone earlier...In now ;)

Keep me posted Vinny, I might do the Great East & London.

My first is next month http://humanrace.co.uk/events/open-water-swimming/eton-swim

Back
Top Bottom