My feelings about "holy grail", "forever razors", "stainless steel wonders"

Is there any difference between the BBS-1 and Wolfman?
There is a difference, at least for me. Wolfman (have several) = great number of angles, no thinking while shaving. BBS-1 = specific angle with a bit of pressure to obtain same result. Both are great razors.

Is there any difference between the BBS-1 and Wolfman?

Yes, the head geometry is different. The BBS-1 actually sports a 1mm blade gap which roughly equates to 0.71-0.76 on a regular Wolfman razor head as far as aggression goes. The shave will still be different between the two though due to the difference in design. To me the BBS-1 gives a smoother-feeling shaving experience.

Yes, the head geometry is different. The BBS-1 actually sports a 1mm blade gap which roughly equates to 0.71-0.76 on a regular Wolfman razor head as far as aggression goes. The shave will still be different between the two though due to the difference in design. To me the BBS-1 gives a smoother-feeling shaving experience.

Thanks for info - regards Pat

I can't see the fuss for the elusive unavailable 'holy grail' of razors when I kind find all my shaving prayers are answered in a simple, cheap R89 with a decent handle on the end of it all.

I have a wonderful brass Seygus which gives a superb standard of shave, but for everyday my Muhle gives me all I want and need...............................any news on their SS offering so that I can get on the list though?

I have to admit being a dreadful "user/collector" of all sorts of stuff and have to try and get the latest and greatest (especially torches) but with DE razors I've completely gone the other way. I used a 34C for a couple of years exclusively until I started picking up vintage stuff. I now shave with a razor older than me most days. Fatboy or slim adjustable and a couple made in Blighty, a rocket and a red tip flare. I much prefer these older razors, although I haven't used a modern stainless steel one?

I have a couple of expensive razors, I have a bunch of $10 Schick injectors. If it gives me a good shave, I keep it. If I don't like it I sell it.

I VERY seldom, across multiple forums have seen people "rubbing other's noses in it" (for lack of a better term), but constantly see people grousing, insulting and sour graping about high end products and their users.

If you have the time and inclination to sit by your computer, or have alerts coming into your phone so that you can catch the next drop...... more power to you. I choose not to.

If you bought a Weishi and a stick of Arko, I want to see what you can do with your SOTD, as much as the guy with the Timeless and the Sabini brush. Hell @Blademonkey has an Omega knot stuffed into a dog toy for god sake. It's awesome.

Many of the people here are shaving hobbyists. Some are here for a little social media interaction. Some like to take and post pictures.

Enjoy your stuff, your time, your pics, but just enjoy your shaves. Be it with a Wolfman or a SuperSpeed.

class is class, style is style. neither need stainless steel or fancy finishes to make them look good.

I have my holy grail razorsand they are from 1941 and 1946.

Hi,

I agree with you guys... I have tested many de razors through the years: vintage, new, and stainless steel included. And I see the sense of grabbing a expensive SS one only because its finishing and preferences about design & good materials, like for example my beloved Weber Arc. But in a dessert island I'll be perfectly happy with a cheap Lord L6, which provides with excellent shaves for a ridiculously price... so I simply don't believe that a 10 times more expensive razor will give you a 10 times better shave, only slightly more pleasant could be... the rest is a matter of collecting & appreciation IMHO.

Just my 50 cents.

Cheers

Hi,

I agree with you guys... I have tested many de razors through the years: vintage, new, and stainless steel included. And I see the sense of grabbing a expensive SS one only because its finishing and preferences about design & good materials, like for example my beloved Weber Arc. But in a dessert island I'll be perfectly happy with a cheap Lord L6, which provides with excellent shaves for a ridiculously price... so I simply don't believe that a 10 times more expensive razor will give you a 10 times better shave, only slightly more pleasant could be... the rest is a matter of collecting & appreciation IMHO.

Just my 50 cents.

Cheers
just because its expensive or of stainless doesn't mean its going to be better workmanship or better material.

I know a lot of guys could get a better shave with a lord L6 or a Wilkinson classic if they used there favorite soap and blade with it, versus the shave they could get from the latest stainless critter.

Back
Top Bottom