My Ever Ready Collection

jds said:
Ewan E said:
BTW JDS,

Which model is the second one shown in your picture list - the one in the purple /blue velvet case with the words EVER-READY in gold ?

It's a basic 1912.... nothing particularly special about it. I have several different boxes for the same razor variant, not sure why.

Cheers,

Jon

No reason other than I think the case looks "classy" - was it supplied with the razor or was it a later add on ?

Ewan E said:
jds said:
Ewan E said:
BTW JDS,

Which model is the second one shown in your picture list - the one in the purple /blue velvet case with the words EVER-READY in gold ?

It's a basic 1912.... nothing particularly special about it. I have several different boxes for the same razor variant, not sure why.

Cheers,

Jon

No reason other than I think the case looks "classy" - was it supplied with the razor or was it a later add on ?

They came together when I purchased them. No idea if the "marriage" is original or not.

Jon

Tall_Paul said:
Here's a pic of my stash. The only thing I have different to Jon (apart from not as many!) is the Deluxe G-bar set in the top left.

I have two 1912s, a 1914, a 1924, three Streamlines and the aforementioned G-bar.

( It would not let me repost the images)

I am not saying i am an expert on razors in fact i am only 14 so i have only ever used a razor once but something that i do is go to car boot sales last time i picked up i razor the G-bar so you say anyway the one in the top left mint condition with case and box( box not mint condition) i picked it up for £4 at a car boot sale said to be never used so i was wondering what it is worth also any other info that you may ahve it seem to be quite rare as i can tell only rolling off the production line form 1933-1934 and only 3 example online i can find. Thank you!

MaxTrafford said:
Tall_Paul said:
Here's a pic of my stash. The only thing I have different to Jon (apart from not as many!) is the Deluxe G-bar set in the top left.

I have two 1912s, a 1914, a 1924, three Streamlines and the aforementioned G-bar.

I am not saying i am an expert on razors in fact i am only 14 so i have only ever used a razor once but something that i do is go to car boot sales last time i picked up i razor the G-bar so you say anyway the one in the top left mint condition with case and box( box not mint condition) i picked it up for £4 at a car boot sale said to be never used so i was wondering what it is worth also any other info that you may ahve it seem to be quite rare as i can tell only rolling off the production line form 1933-1934 and only 3 example online i can find. Thank you!

Do you have any pictures. I can't recall what I paid for mine but if you put it to auction then I have no doubt you'll make a healthy return on your £4. G Bars are relatively rare and lovers of Single edge razors do like them. Pop a couple of pics on here and you'll get some feedback, no dobt.

Good find!

All the best

Jon

jds said:
MaxTrafford said:
Tall_Paul said:

Do you have any pictures. I can't recall what I paid for mine but if you put it to auction then I have no doubt you'll make a healthy return on your £4. G Bars are relatively rare and lovers of Single edge razors do like them. Pop a couple of pics on here and you'll get some feedback, no dobt.

Good find!

All the best

Jon

Sorry it took me 4 days to reply exams and stuff here are my pictures.

Attachments

• DSC_0142.JPG
    DSC_0142.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0143.JPG
    DSC_0143.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0145.JPG
    DSC_0145.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 30
Re: RE: My Ever Ready Collection

MaxTrafford said:
jds said:
MaxTrafford said:
Tall_Paul said:

Good find!

All the best

Jon

Sorry it took me 4 days to reply exams and stuff here are my pictures.

Nice find. The Deluxe is extra rare I believe. I wouldn't know what that was worth. I think Tall Paul has one so maybe he could comment. The box and sleeve add to the value too. £4 was certainly a bargain.

I've no idea what they're worth. One went for £30 on Fleabay last year but I suspect they're worth more than that.

List it correctly on Fleabay, say you'll ship to the US and I reckon it could go for quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom