My Ever Ready Collection

SamuraiJack said:
A really beautiful collection Jon, i've never seen them in this light, i like the Ambassador and Lu-Lu, i am now thinking of buying one to see how they shave.

Great shavers. Make sure you get the Gem blades, as the originals can be a trifle "individual", shall we say. The 1912 model can be picked up for not a lot on the bay, or maybe through TSR on here.

Enjoy....

Here's a pic of my stash. The only thing I have different to Jon (apart from not as many!) is the Deluxe G-bar set in the top left.

I have two 1912s, a 1914, a 1924, three Streamlines and the aforementioned G-bar.

Tall_Paul said:
Here's a pic of my stash. The only thing I have different to Jon (apart from not as many!) is the Deluxe G-bar set in the top left.

I have two 1912s, a 1914, a 1924, three Streamlines and the aforementioned G-bar.

Very nice Paul. Do you have a favourite?

jds said:
Tall_Paul said:

Very nice Paul. Do you have a favourite?

I haven't tried the 1914 or 1924 yet but I really like the Streamlines. They work well for me and, as you'll know, are extremely well made. I enjoy using it like I enjoy using a Gillette Aristocrat. A real touch of luxury.

But, you cannot beat a 1912 for value IMHO.

jds said:
SamuraiJack said:
A really beautiful collection Jon, i've never seen them in this light, i like the Ambassador and Lu-Lu, i am now thinking of buying one to see how they shave.

Great shavers. Make sure you get the Gem blades, as the originals can be a trifle "individual", shall we say. The 1912 model can be picked up for not a lot on the bay, or maybe through TSR on here.

Enjoy....

I treated myself for Christmas and ordered this from Executive Shaving :

[attachment=9114]

Where do you get your Gem blades from ?

Attachments

• Ever Ready.png
    Ever Ready.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 45
Lovely collections Jon and Paul, some fantastic razors in there. I've only tried the 1912 that I was PIF'd to me and I like it very much, I'd like to try the flying wing or featherweight at some point just to compare. So the G-Bar was actually called the 'Natural Angle' or was that just something from the instructions?

Ewan E said:
BTW JDS,

Which model is the second one shown in your picture list - the one in the purple /blue velvet case with the words EVER-READY in gold ?

It's a basic 1912.... nothing particularly special about it. I have several different boxes for the same razor variant, not sure why.

Cheers,

Jon

Back
Top Bottom