Muhle R41 (2013) pass around

Christmas 2014 special Pass around.

I got my 2013 R41 (standard) from a kind member here but after using it for three month almost every other day I found that the Merkur slant is the most suitable for my skin.

I think that in three month I only sliced myself once with this razor, not sure what all the fuss is about, certainly the finish this razor gives is the best I ever seen in any DE razor.

Therefore the R41 is sitting patiently starved of blood, this is where this pass around comes to play and also to help you get this monkey off your back.

If you are interested to try the R41 please add your name here, the last person to use it can send it back to me.

I will give it a bath of Barbicide and post it to the first person on the 29/12/2014 recorded.

All the best

Danny

Shemen Zait said:
I think that in three month I only sliced myself once with this razor, not sure what all the fuss is about

I think most of the fuss around the R41 is directed at the earlier 2011 model which is a nutcase of a razor. The 2013 was a much tamer and more useable version, though still a little bit spicy. Enjoy the pass around, very nice of you!

Thank you all, and so the pass around is rolling, Mrk1 is adding the R89 base plate so you can compare and experience.

Mrk1
Rowlers
Papman
Pgachapman
Mr_Mac
Tim B
BigBoar
Rhedgehog
Celtic67
Glen_Lee
Sonny

i would love to be added to the the list as well please.

I've been itching to buy this one when i have some spare cash and maybe a test drive will convince me i don't need a R41 when i already have a futur for aggressive days.

I don't think that it's that aggressive at all? It's a very nice efficient razor, get little to none alum sting compared to other razors. Wish I'd tried it first, would have saved me a lot of trial and error and money buying other razors.

First shave with the R41 last night.
Due to the lurgy, it was also the first shave of the year.

I had intended to use the base plate with the top cap of my R89, thinking they were the same, but fortunately got a PM from Shemen telling me 'if I fancied trying a 2011 R41, to use the R89 top cap'.

Disaster avoided, and head paired with a new Ikon OSS handle, I went to work on 5 days growth.

WTG, XTG and ATG left me with BBS. Only one very tiny nick which may have been a small spot.
A little sting with the aftershave, but a great result.

I had similar results from an Ikon SB, but only if I hadn't shaved for a few days.
It was too harsh to use regularly.

I am going to try a couple more shaves before passing it on.
I will try my own R89 top cap, and try the 89 base plate with the R41 top cap to see what that does.

After only one shave I'm very tempted to buy one.

Back
Top Bottom