Mongoose

Bechet45 said:
jds said:
Bechet45 said:
I think the Satin was Batch 2 and the Polished Batch 1 but I'm not sure of the later - so I wondered if the difference has been reported before.
Carl - Satin is definitely B2 and B1 was exclusively polished heads. I recall seeing or reading something about how different blades give different levels of blade gap / exposure that may impact the shave. I'll see if I can find the information again and post.

I've just been told by PM that my Polished Head is Batch 2.

I think that Satin and Polished were included in both Batches 1 and 2 but Satin will be discontinued in Batch 3. I am fairly sure this is accurate but not certain.

Nope - No Satin in B1. I'm pretty sure of that.

Batch 1 was a Mirror Polished Head, Dub Slim & Dub Legend no Satin Head.
Batch 2
M1 Mirror Polished - Dub Slim, Standard
M2 Mirror Polished - Dub Legend, Upgrade
M3 Mirror Polished - Full Set (both handles)
M4 Mirror Polished - Head Only
S1 Satin Finish - Dr. Bomber, Standard
S2 Satin Finish - Big Bomber Upgrade
S3 Satin Finish - Full Set (both handles)
S4 Satin Finish - Head Only
A1 Dub Slim Add-On
A2 Dub Legend Add-On
A3 Dr. Bomber Add-On
A4 Big Bomber Add-On

That list was copied from my email from Mongoose when I was asked to pre-order my razor and at the time the only options you had, but you if you look you can customise handles and heads to suit.
I have not heard of them dropping any of the options only that they will be sold from retail outlets not direct from the Mongoose team. Facebook being what it is I cannot find the post I am after. The only thing I had read was about the possibility of an O/C plate and a gold finish........but we will see ?
As far as the blades giving different shaves, if you look at how the mongoose holds the blades as they are different depth they will give different shaves i.e the Super is deeper than the Pro. See diagram below.
artistclubbladespecifications_zps82faacb2.png

List of compatible blades from Mongoose F.B page.....MONGOOSE COMPATIBLE BLADES (6):
Feather - Professional Blades
Feather - Pro Super Blades
Feather - ProGuard Blades
Kai - Captain Sharpblade
Kai - Captain Titan Mild
Kai - Captain Titan ProTouch MG

NOT COMPATIBLE:
Feather - Pro Light Blades

missingskin said:
As far as the blades giving different shaves, if you look at how the mongoose holds the blades as they are different depth they will give different shaves i.e the Super is deeper than the Pro. See diagram below.
artistclubbladespecifications_zps82faacb2.png

List of compatible blades from Mongoose F.B page.....MONGOOSE COMPATIBLE BLADES (6):
Feather - Professional Blades
Feather - Pro Super Blades
Feather - ProGuard Blades
Kai - Captain Sharpblade
Kai - Captain Titan Mild
Kai - Captain Titan ProTouch MG

NOT COMPATIBLE:
Feather - Pro Light Blades
Also incompatible, should you have any, or be thinking of buying any are Dorco barber blades

Jon

Hi

In the email I received from mongoose describing the options that i could buy, they said that they may not continue with the highly polished head in future batches as the production costs (polishing) were far higher than expected.

Matt

Jdgibson76 said:
Can anyone tell me what the Mongoose razor options are when they become available again?

I am not sure that Batch 3 details have been announced yet or even if they are known. Best place is to email mongooseorders@gmail.com and the guys are usually pretty good at responding and giving as much information as possible.

Good luck

Jon

I did that Jon. They are not taking advance orders as they want to supply all future orders from stock - although they did not specifically state that it would be via a retailer. The advice is that it will be several weeks before stock is on hand and they cannot advise 2015 prices yet - expect an increase in other words.

fly3k said:
bigdunc said:
mines stuck in heathrow
been there since 17th jan
anybody no roughly how long they usaully stay there

I think that's usually a sign they are adding up the import duty :(

Yes, mine passed straight through. Sorry Dunc but you may have been snagged by Customs.

I'm now on Day 12 of a Feather Pro blade in my Mongoose (intermittent use). Others have said that these get better after a few uses, and can last for 20 or more.

I'm glad to see that this may well indeed be the case for me.

It's a really different experience to using up a DE blade, where it's pretty obvious the blade is past its best, if not at the "throw-out" number.

With the Mongoose, I get ready, pick it up and begin shaving. There's no tugging, scraping and of course no noise, and after the first pass, I'm wondering whether it's actually done anything. Washing off the soap, I'm always surprised to find that it has shaved smooth, all bar the touch-up areas.

Definitely a magic razor.

Back
Top Bottom