Merkur Futur problem?

Derby blades are rubbish, that will likely only add more confusion to your shave. Try various blades and persevere with a few more weeks and if there's no improvement put on the BST

Athar, before you launch a Materialschlact by impulsively buying a boatload of needless crap, e.g., pre-shave "cubes", an arsenal of razors, hoard of soaps, bushel of blades, etc., stick with one good razor and hone (pun intended) your technique. I cannot emphasize enough that IMO you would be better served to buy a cheap used Gillette Tech and learn away. Don't be swayed by people who are dumping a sh%$load of money into this hobby. There will be plenty of time down the road to toy with baubles if need be. ;)
I know and try not to. :) But it is hard to resist! :) Thanks for the tips for the Gillette Tech. Still, one of the first razor which gives to most comfortable daily shave (Mühle R89), but it is of course not the closest. (I really think after trying the cube makes a difference by the way. :) Better post shave feel at least.) But yes some of the impulse buys I'd like to sell however there is not really a used market here in Norway for trad shave items so it is quite hopeless. :(

Well the test has been done for today. :)
I don't really know what helped but I had a lot better shave today, no face-tearing feeling, but still, this one is not a very "friendly" razor for me even on setting one. I compared it with the Muhle R41 which was of course very aggressive, tried to be really careful with that one. :) Cranked up the Futur to setting 3 still was quite OK.
So what helped? Have no clue... And why was so "painful" yesterday?
- Used another blade today, which the websites consider "milder" (Derby extra green).
- Disassembled the razor and reassembled it today. However, I still measured larger gaps then the picture said which Tony'schin posted earlier today. But it can be human error that I can't measure just that precise with the caliper...
- Used another soap today, PAA CK-6, which I have begun to like very much in comparison to anything else I have tried before. (Yesterday was TOBS cream)
- Or maybe I had just better technique and dexterity today? Don't know... :)
- Or some of the combinations above. :)
Got a very-very little, tiny bit of irritation dots just around the lower portion of the neck (couple dots), but I got those almost all the time to a certain level anything I try. They are almost non-visible on the picture. The picture was taken right after shaving before applying any alum or after shaving stuff.

Attachments

• shave1.jpg
    shave1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 7
Well the test has been done for today. :)
I don't really know what helped but I had a lot better shave today, no face-tearing feeling, but still, this one is not a very "friendly" razor for me even on setting one. I compared it with the Muhle R41 which was of course very aggressive, tried to be really careful with that one. :) Cranked up the Futur to setting 3 still was quite OK.
So what helped? Have no clue... And why was so "painful" yesterday?
- Used another blade today, which the websites consider "milder" (Derby extra green).
- Disassembled the razor and reassembled it today. However, I still measured larger gaps then the picture said which Tony'schin posted earlier today. But it can be human error that I can't measure just that precise with the caliper...
- Used another soap today, PAA CK-6, which I have begun to like very much in comparison to anything else I have tried before. (Yesterday was TOBS cream)
- Or maybe I had just better technique and dexterity today? Don't know... :)
- Or some of the combinations above. :)
Got a very-very little, tiny bit of irritation dots just around the lower portion of the neck (couple dots), but I got those almost all the time to a certain level anything I try. They are almost non-visible on the picture. The picture was taken right after shaving before applying any alum or after shaving stuff.
You missed a bit on your chin ;)

I'll bet dollars to dog turds you're "faceturbating" and rubbing with your hands ATG post-shave and expecting glass smooth BBS. Am I correct?

The base plate on the Futur can go on the wrong way, if it's put together this way it increases the blade gap significantly (I'm saying this speaking from experience). It's easily remedied by taking it apart, turning the base plate 180 and re-assembly to see it that resolves the issue?

The base plate on the Futur can go on the wrong way, if it's put together this way it increases the blade gap significantly (I'm saying this speaking from experience). It's easily remedied by taking it apart, turning the base plate 180 and re-assembly to see it that resolves the issue?
Thanks will try. You mean the head piece or the plate where you put the blade on? The plate for the blade seems quite symmetrical at least.

I'll bet dollars to dog turds you're "faceturbating" and rubbing with your hands ATG post-shave and expecting glass smooth BBS. Am I correct?
Well I don't know what faceturbating means, but I suppose that one is very busy med too much details and overdoing the processe a little? :) Don't expect bbs shave but got it very close every time on the face at least even after 2 passes. Om my neck however don't even try, got too sensitive skin there especially the lower part, and the hair directions are different also on most part of that area.

Back
Top Bottom