Meissner tremonia dark limes shaving soap

pjgh said:
You're a believer then, Andreas? I think Strong & Scottish is a very clever soap - pure connoisseur.
I have only sniffed it, but if I can get it to lather and it still smells the same - I shall believe. I'll have a Lagavulin 16 on that right now! Good night.

Andreas

P.S.: I've just had a sip of the Lagavulin and smelled the Strong 'n' Scottish and I have to say the soap has room for improvement ;)

I had a shave with Strong 'n' Scottish paste this morning. More paste gave enough lather for my usual 4 passes, but I didn't like the consistency. Not the nice peaks I expect. Maybe I need more practice or maybe I should try face lathering with those pastes.
Now for the scent: It is strong. Right in your face under your nose is a bucketload of peat, whisky and leather. It is not subtle. It wants your full attention. I'm not sure I want whisky first thing in the morning though. I imagine it might work better for cold winter evening shaves. I'll keep the sample until then and try again. I can't see myself using it often enough to justify buying a whole pot of it. I'm glad it made me get the Lagavulin out last night though..

Andreas

P.S. The Strong 'n' Scottish hangs around. I tried to have a nice citrus shave today. Luckily I sniffed at the brush first. Whoa. I had to wash the brush with baby shampoo and hand lather twice before the peatiness was finally gone. Not economical. So finally: I'm not a believer. I tried.

Andreas

riverrun said:
P.S. The Strong 'n' Scottish hangs around. I tried to have a nice citrus shave today. Luckily I sniffed at the brush first. Whoa. I had to wash the brush with baby shampoo and hand lather twice before the peatiness was finally gone. Not economical. So finally: I'm not a believer. I tried.

Andreas
You need a Strong n Scottish brush! Lol

Occams Razor said:
riverrun said:

Andreas
The Wee Scott!

Nishy said:
Occams Razor said:
riverrun said:

Andreas
The Wee Scott!
That made me smile :icon_razz:
Thanks firstly to the generosity of Paul (pigh) and then Dave (Dharte001) I now have two small samples of Strong n Scottish and Dark Limes to try! I have to say first impressions I do like the smell of the Strong 'n' Scottish, much to my surprise. I'll look out my Wee Scot for the morning.
Thanks Gents :icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom